German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   This is a sad story Warning! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/453065-sad-story-warning.html)

I Love GSD 05-22-2014 04:11 AM

This is a sad story Warning!

1 Attachment(s)
I have had my dog for over a year. He is such a sweet German Shepherd and always rolls on his back and wants me to pet him. He always waits for me to even out his food bowl so he can eat. He loves going on walks and smelling the fresh Colorado air.

Yesterday afternoon, he was in the kennel day care. He stuck his head out of the gate to say hello to the dogs going out of the kennel. The dogs pinned him down on the gate and ruined his face. The Dr had to do surgery on him and he is currently staying the night in the hospital:C

I attached a photo at the bottom. Have you known any other dog that had something serious like this happen?

Sarah~ 05-22-2014 05:02 AM

Oh my god! That's horrific! What happened?? You said they ruined his face, how? Did they attack him and bite him? The poor thing!

Athena'sMom 05-22-2014 06:50 AM

I hope the doggy daycare is helping with his vet bills. Oh that poor baby!! I hope his surgery goes well and he has a speedy recovery.

HOBY 05-22-2014 08:20 AM

Before leash laws were really enforced it was not uncommon to see dogs damaged from dog fights and accidents. Saw plenty when I was a kid.
...I know day care has it's place but I never cared for it. Some people feel they have no choice. Things can happen so fast with animals. I hope day care is taking reasonability. Wishing your boy a fast recovery with no after effects.

Shade 05-22-2014 08:22 AM

That's awful and I do hope you're getting reimbursed for the damage. Poor thing, I hope he heals up quickly

Kayos and Havoc 05-22-2014 08:30 AM

Oh my goodness, that is awful. Hopefully it weill heal and his fur will cover over any scars.

I really do hope the doggy day care is covering your vet bill.

Mishka&Milo 05-22-2014 08:51 AM

I'm so sorry that happened!!! I couldn't imagine what I'd do to that place if it had been my girl! I hope he has a fast recovery. :(

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

wolfstraum 05-22-2014 08:52 AM

Poor guy!!!!! Where were the attendants? How did they let another dog(s) attack him??? Hope his eye is not damaged - that it is just skin....and that he is OK soon!

Lee

Lilie 05-22-2014 09:18 AM

Your boy is in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Yoshi 05-22-2014 10:32 AM

Oh my! What a poor boy! He looks so sad! :(

It\'s always the gentle, friendly dogs that seem to get attacked. That\'s what I find anyway. I remember my poor boy was such a nice dog and he loved everyone. More often than not when we were out walking in the city lots of little dogs that weren\'t properly confined would go out of their way to attack him. He never got seriously injured, which I am thankful, his fur was too thick and I would usually lead him away. I am glad that he didn\'t retaliate because one bite would have probably taken those little dogs\' heads off.

I hope your dog gets well soon and hope that the attack didn\'t shake up his mentality too much!