German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Significant to me.... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/452489-significant-me.html)

SuperG 05-20-2014 08:45 PM

Significant to me....

but perhaps not to others....

Today, I stopped by my parents house as they are preparing to sell their house of 50 plus years..and brought the pooch...she'll be 2 in a few months.

Anyway, my 86 year old mom who has not the mobility she once possessed and more importantly has a regard for dogs which was shaped at an early age as she was bitten by a large dog...which goes forward with a child for an eternity at times. Well, to make a long story short..which I am never capable of doing....my girl Kaia won my mom's heart over today, I do believe....it was something to witness and left nothing but a warm feeling in my heart...two winners...that's all I saw...my mom and my shepherd.

Sorry, if it sounds sappy but all the time and training I have willingly put in with my current gal...paid dividends today like I never expected. GSDs are incredibly smart and more so...perceptive.

SuperG

K9POPPY 05-20-2014 09:05 PM

Yes, you are so right about them being so smart and perceptive. That's why I believe they truly are so different than other breeds. Thanks for sharing such a nice story, my parents are of the same age, and love seeing our new GSD puppy. Enjoy!!!:):):)

Moriah 05-20-2014 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for such a heart warming story.

At a gathering, an older woman friend who could not bend down wanted to see my Simon when he was 9 weeks old. I picked up Simon to show her and to my surprise, she put her hands on either side of his head and put her face right up to his. I was amazed that Simon responded with some licks and no teeth. Whew!! The woman was clearly moved as she snuggled him. She was born in Germany and so wanted contact with a GSD. She thanked me profusely.

Mister C 05-20-2014 09:27 PM

What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing.

DWP 05-21-2014 08:21 AM

Significant

I understand the significance to you. It is a shared admiration of the breed and of canines in general that brings us together as a community. Congradulations. Your faith and hard work paid off in a magnificently personal way.

Gwenhwyfair 05-21-2014 09:08 AM

Ilda is very affectionate with my elderly parents. Even though we don't get to see them as often as I would like...she is unfailingly adoring of them. Even though they move differently, awkwardly due to being in their 80s.

I totally understand where you are coming from, it is significant and very touching.

Thank you for sharing your story.

ApselBear 05-21-2014 09:21 AM

:lurking:
It's always a good feeling to see anyone let go of any fear, but nothing compares to family matters. Good for Kaia and tu madre

lovemygirl 05-21-2014 10:12 AM

Awwwww! That's great :) Good job Kaia!

HOBY 05-21-2014 11:43 AM

A heart warming story that brings out all the best in a K9 relationship. I know the feeling. Your story caught me just right. Thanks for sharing.