What a morning with a angry dog - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default What a morning with a angry dog

Ahhhh, making brekky this morning with my sheps ( my border collie was outside going pee) and I heard a scuffle, went out to find a bully mix locked in a good ol sunday morning throw down with my collie. Disclaimer I dont own a bully mix lol so out I went to stop him and he turned on me n my so not biting just angry im going to bite you dive bombs. I put mister dexter in the breezeway and corralled him to one spot after struggling to not get bit, the unknown dog fleed and squeezed his angry little butt in between the fence and dissappeared. Dexter has no marks on him, im very lucky ty was inside because if he wasnt he would have ended the unknown males life. This has all happened after my washer dryer crapped out on me this morning...off to the depot to get fence fixing supplies and some cool new machines lol urgh. My fence I thought was secure ( its 6 ft plus tall hedges along the back) but there was a gap that I was unaware off behind the shed and the hedges were the wire fence meets the wooden one. Its a small gap that will be secured today. I dont want any more visit from angry pants

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
misslesleedavis1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sheesh...not a nice way to start your day.

Suggest you look into some electric fence. It's usually not too expensive and run it on the outside of your fence at just about bully nose height. Maybe rub a little chicken fat on the wire before you turn it on too. Give those unwanted bullies a little shock in the snoot and they won't try to bother getting through your fence again......
Old 05-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenhwyfair View Post
Sheesh...not a nice way to start your day.

Suggest you look into some electric fence. It's usually not too expensive and run it on the outside of your fence at just about bully nose height. Maybe rub a little chicken fat on the wire before you turn it on too. Give those unwanted bullies a little shock in the snoot and they won't try to bother getting through your fence again......
I have never seen him before! We have had the curious and very loving white fluffy dog hang out on our front lawn before but he likes to play. I am really lucky tyson and shiggs were kitchen helpers in the house..they are pretty bonded and it would have been an episode of mean girls in my back yard but substitute verbal smackdowns for jaws of death.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Geez....epidemic?
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Chalking it up to the fact he was not fixed, more pissed with my LG machine....life's not good LG ..

Old 05-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I had a friend who had dobies that had a problem with a bully mix coming around. He decided it was more 'fun' in her yard and was constantly getting in there with her dogs.

Hopefully this guy won't be back to bother you and your dogs.

I've got two peas in a pod too btw! Woe be unto the dog that ever messes with Autumn, our Aussie, while Ilda is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 View Post
I have never seen him before! We have had the curious and very loving white fluffy dog hang out on our front lawn before but he likes to play. I am really lucky tyson and shiggs were kitchen helpers in the house..they are pretty bonded and it would have been an episode of mean girls in my back yard but substitute verbal smackdowns for jaws of death.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

she can't put an electric wire fence on the outside of her fence because that would be in inside fence of her neighbour, in a suburban residence . won't fly.
on this same street there is a dog that is a problem , probably sooner than later.

Carmspack
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Urgh the retriever ya that guy has issues, never seen the dog that was there this morn tho..ohwell, no one got hurt which is great. The depot will have what we need to secure it, cant blame the unfixed male, he was just doing what unfixed males do

Old 05-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yesterday I was doing yard work and this decided to head butt me in my butt. Imagine my surprise as I fell toward. He then attempted to jump in my yard. I have a 6 ft fence and he almost had it if I didn't stop him. I did learn that this breed can be quite stubborn after I chased him for a mile in a car and he wouldn't get in until a nice man lifted him in. He did manage to get a whole hamburger out of me ...

Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ooh on bright side of things I got some great new samsung machines today for under 1600.00 yey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.