German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Beyond disgusting! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/444042-beyond-disgusting.html)

Remo 04-29-2014 08:31 AM

Beyond disgusting!
 
On Sunday afternoon we opened up my best friend's in-ground swimming pool.

There were thousands of dead worms waiting for us after we removed the pool cover. There were always some dead worms previous years, but nothing like this! I had the delightful task of scooping out huge piles of decaying worms - they had a stench that cannot be described adequately.

They wanted me to dump the dead worms around the base of the palms and banana plants as a natural fertilizer - big mistake!

Her husband let their two dogs, a lab and a golden chow mix, into the fenced area of the pool and I made the statement "I sure hope those dogs don't roll in those worms!". I wasn't quite finished the sentence when the golden mix immediately dropped on her back and proceeded to grind all of those nasty stinking dead worms into her long, luxurious coat. Dead worms were hanging off her entire body and she stunk to high heaven.

We should have taken a photo, but we were too busy gagging.

Bleech!

Stevenzachsmom 04-29-2014 08:44 AM

Lea, Thanks for the visual. UGH!

Nigel 04-29-2014 09:55 AM

Hahaha! Too funny, I hope it was warm enough to wash her down outside.

Daisy&Lucky's Mom 04-29-2014 10:42 AM

If its stinky they will come and roll! I think Im catching a whiff of it here in Ohio.

wolfy dog 04-29-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 5445314)
On Sunday afternoon we opened up my best friend's in-ground swimming pool.

There were thousands of dead worms waiting for us after we removed the pool cover. There were always some dead worms previous years, but nothing like this! I had the delightful task of scooping out huge piles of decaying worms - they had a stench that cannot be described adequately.

They wanted me to dump the dead worms around the base of the palms and banana plants as a natural fertilizer - big mistake!

Her husband let their two dogs, a lab and a golden chow mix, into the fenced area of the pool and I made the statement "I sure hope those dogs don't roll in those worms!". I wasn't quite finished the sentence when the golden mix immediately dropped on her back and proceeded to grind all of those nasty stinking dead worms into her long, luxurious coat. Dead worms were hanging off her entire body and she stunk to high heaven.

We should have taken a photo, but we were too busy gagging.

Bleech!

OMG, what a thread to read while enjoying morning coffee with a good cake :D. Actually, after decades with dogs, not much will ruin my appetite. Thanks for sharing, hilarious.

SunCzarina 04-29-2014 10:52 AM

I think I threw up in my mouth a little! Beyond nasty but hey it wasn't your dogs who smelled like that.

Morgan liked to roll in dead stuff. She'd find a spot in the yard and blech roll right around on a dead worm or exploded slug.

Stevenzachsmom 04-29-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfy dog (Post 5445882)
OMG, what a thread to read while enjoying morning coffee with a good cake :D. Actually, after decades with dogs, not much will ruin my appetite. Thanks for sharing, hilarious.

I kinda lost my appetite. That could be a good thing, 'cause I could stand to lose a few pounds.

Katos_Mom 04-29-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom (Post 5445962)
I kinda lost my appetite. That could be a good thing, 'cause I could stand to lose a few pounds.

I could only WISH this would make me lose my appetite. As if.

GSDGunner 04-29-2014 11:34 AM

At least they just rolled in them. As I was reading I kept thinking "oh they're going to say they starting eating them".
Just typing that I have a "eww" look on my face. Can't get my face to return to normal just yet. :help::sick:

blehmannwa 04-29-2014 12:06 PM

One of our dogs once rolled in moose poop on a camping trip. That was a long ride home.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2