German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   This is a post I never thought I would post (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/443017-post-i-never-thought-i-would-post.html)

nktigger99 04-25-2014 09:29 PM

This is a post I never thought I would post

Abby's breeder picked her up tonight.....I had to go to the ER last week for what I thought was a minor female issue....turns out it was way more to it....I had been diagnosed with cancer. We have to jump into gear quickly to work out childcare(we have 3 kids home all day and one in school all day, all 5 and under) and everything for my many upcoming doctors appointments. We called her breeder this afternoon and she jumped into action....we knew right away we could not keep up with such a young pup will dealing with me being sick even if she was great....she offered to refund us the money and to pick her up ASAP. I am heartbroken....my kids don't understand why their doggie is gone. I cried so many tears today.......for so many reasons.

We still have our little foster....he will stay with us until next Saturday.....he is housebroken so good and he loves sleeping and hanging out in his playpen. If he goes back to the shelter he maybe put to sleep....I can't live with that.

So I wish you all well and thank you for all the advice.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Jelpy 04-25-2014 09:33 PM

I'm so sorry. How far are you from Forney Tx? I could take him on if you'd like....maybe meet you halfway? PM me if you want.

Jelpy

Msmaria 04-25-2014 09:42 PM

Im so sorry to hear your news. I hope you get well soon, stay strong and positive. Hope to hear from you soon with good news.

my boy diesel 04-25-2014 09:42 PM

i am so very sorry
praying for you

Gwenhwyfair 04-25-2014 09:43 PM

Oh no. :(

If someone can foster for awhile, knowing little Abby will be coming back may be a good thing, if it can be worked out?

Sending you wishes for a speedy positive outcome with your treatments!!!

Zeeva 04-25-2014 09:44 PM

PM\'d you...Please read it and consider.

ZoeD1217 04-25-2014 09:44 PM

I am so so sorry :( that is just so much to take in. Lots of prayers for all of you.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

kjdreyer 04-25-2014 09:44 PM

I\'m so sorry to read this post. I don\'t even know what to say, but I sincerely hope you and your family stay strong throughout this fight. I\'m a health care worker, and I see SO many patients years and years after a cancer diagnosis, and I\'m starting to view it as an illness, one that you have treated and you recover from, and then you go on with the rest of your life. Wishing you all the best and a quick recovery.

llombardo 04-25-2014 09:46 PM

I am so sorry:( when my mom got sick with cancer my dogs were put on the back burner and I was home for short periods then back taking care of mom. They were the one thing that kept me sane. I brought them one at a time to see my mom and it was good for her. I guess what I\'m saying is that as hard and emotional things are or will get maybe it\'s not a bad thing to have a dog around, they can offer support for you and the kids. There is no better medicine for the kids then to hug and bury their faces in their dog. Sending hugs and prayers.

Nigel 04-25-2014 09:47 PM

Very sorry to hear this, glad Abby was able to return to her breeder, heart breaking for sure, but she\'ll be cared for. Hope your treatment goes smooth and you quickly kick the "c" in the ***!