German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Horrid people (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/442081-horrid-people.html)

Kaasuti 04-23-2014 03:21 PM

Horrid people
 
I'm really upset today as i was called a bad, abusive, nasty, horrible person for admitting to using a prong on my boy. I only use it occasionally and it's never hurt him. Why are people so adamant that people who use things like this are cruel??. I mean i use positive reinforcement all the time, i just like to correct when i need to.
It made me so mad as my dog is looked after so much better then alot of the locals around here. We even have one couple who feed their dog a vegan diet, but they never get judged for it.

Sooo angry right now!:mad:

Sunflowers 04-23-2014 03:31 PM

Why would you be upset about comments that come from ignorant people?
It's not their dog, they're clueless, and they have no right to an opinion.

I would just laugh and happily go about my day.

wyoung2153 04-23-2014 03:32 PM

Ugh.. sorry you have to deal with nasty people. I use a prong too, even walking into a dog park. I make him sit and take it off, I have gotten comments too.. but then they shut up when they see how well he listens to me.. I digress, lol.

Point is, I now agree with people who are ignorant and clueless, unless I truly feel they want to learn or will take well to an explaination. Others "Yepp, I'm an abusive nasty owner, what are you gonna do?"

Let it roll off, you are going to encounter them a lot. :)

wyoung2153 04-23-2014 03:33 PM

Oh and remember, lots of people tend to have a negative reaction toward things they are not educated on..

Kaasuti 04-23-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflowers (Post 5419969)
Why would you be upset about comments that come from ignorant people?
It's not their dog, they're clueless, and they have no right to an opinion.

I would just laugh and happily go about my day.


I suffer from anxiety quite a bit and it does hurt when someone says i don't love my dog. I did put them in their place though, grr.


My dog is really well behaved too. When i stop he'll sit and wait for me to take off the collar and say "go". Sounds like we have great dogs :P.

Thank you guys. You made me feel a lot better about the whole thing. And you're right, it's usually the uneducated that run their mouths.

jocoyn 04-23-2014 03:35 PM

Just become as positive and knowledgeable about it as possible! Your country is one I could see making the mistake of banning them outright.

We get it here, too. Not as bad as you probably.

Kaasuti 04-23-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocoyn (Post 5420025)
Just become as positive and knowledgeable about it as possible! Your country is one I could see making the mistake of banning them outright.

We get it here, too. Not as bad as you probably.


Yes the possible ban is just outrageous. The picture that went viral and caused all this is a really extreme case of animal cruelty where the collar was left on for a long time. The stupid people can't tell the difference between proper use and abuse :/.

SunCzarina 04-23-2014 03:40 PM

Nobody's ever had the nerve to say that to my face. Perhaps the open bag with the airhorn, pepperspray and break stick indicate I may know what I"m doing.

I like this meme for internet people who want to be experts of all things. You know, since I can't bedazzle them with my sparkling fricken personality.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...50507177_n.jpg

Sunflowers 04-23-2014 03:41 PM

Maybe you could get a cool prong cover. I got one just because I like the look of something nice on his neck and it helps hold the links together.

I got mine from this lady. I will try to upload a picture so you can see what it looks like on Hans. She ships worldwide, and the covers come in so many patterns!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1162601...w_type=gallery

Kaasuti 04-23-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflowers (Post 5420065)
Maybe you could get a cool prong cover. I got one just because I like the look of something nice on his neck and it helps hold the links together.

I got mine from this lady. I will try to upload a picture so you can see what it looks like on Hans. She ships worldwide, and the covers come in so many patterns!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1162601...w_type=gallery


Ahhh thank you, these are a great idea.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2