German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Thank goodness for barking dogs! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/441449-thank-goodness-barking-dogs.html)

readaboutdogs 04-22-2014 07:55 AM

Thank goodness for barking dogs!
 
Last nite the door bell rang, Hooch went into his barking, it was a young lady and some guy with like a trench coat on! I cracked the door and asked if I could help them, Hooch is still bumping against me from behind. She said "oh I know you have a dog, I'm scared"' but then said they were cleaning carpet for free and if I had any dirty carpet! I said no and shut the door! My neighbor let them in and they were over there over 2hours! I googled free carpet cleaning and it had to be that vaccum cleaner company that goes door to door, takes up your whole evening to pressure you into buying a vaccum! So thanks Hooch for puttin up the fuss!

llombardo 04-22-2014 08:27 AM

I never get those kind of visitors...this is what they would see at my door..


http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/...pshgzybjni.jpg

K9POPPY 04-22-2014 08:49 AM

Way to go, Hooch!!!!!!!Same way at my house, but they get greeted at the gate, they don't even make it to the door-

pyratemom 04-22-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llombardo (Post 5412593)
I never get those kind of visitors...this is what they would see at my door..


http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/...pshgzybjni.jpg

I love this greeting! Bet you don't get many sales people.

middleofnowhere 04-22-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llombardo (Post 5412593)
I never get those kind of visitors...this is what they would see at my door..


http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/...pshgzybjni.jpg

And they could see right off that you have NO NEED for a vacuum!!!

wyoung2153 04-22-2014 10:51 AM

Ha! This is why I had such a hard time with quieting Titan when the doorbell rang.. I WANT him to let that person know he's there.. we just never got to the quiet stage, lol. By the time I get to the door.. the person has usually backed off to the end of my driveway.. waiting for me to come outside.

wolfy dog 04-22-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readaboutdogs (Post 5412481)
Last nite the door bell rang, Hooch went into his barking, it was a young lady and some guy with like a trench coat on! I cracked the door and asked if I could help them, Hooch is still bumping against me from behind. She said "oh I know you have a dog, I'm scared"' but then said they were cleaning carpet for free and if I had any dirty carpet! I said no and shut the door! My neighbor let them in and they were over there over 2hours! I googled free carpet cleaning and it had to be that vaccum cleaner company that goes door to door, takes up your whole evening to pressure you into buying a vaccum! So thanks Hooch for puttin up the fuss!

You are lucky they were real solicitors. I would not have opened the door. Hard core criminals will kill the dog first. Maybe paranoid but still.....

llombardo 04-22-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfy dog (Post 5413393)
You are lucky they were real solicitors. I would not have opened the door. Hard core criminals will kill the dog first. Maybe paranoid but still.....

I think this to, then I think that they better be able to reload at my house because one clip might not be enough for all of us.

rumhelka 04-22-2014 12:14 PM

I love this conversation... so funny! You guys have great sense of humor!

Longfisher 04-22-2014 01:02 PM

I let Zeus "answer" the doorbell or door knocker in his own very territorial way. Then while the action is still hot I look either down on the visitor from upstairs where my office is or through the keyhole viewer in the door, all the while encouraging Zeus to keep up the racket.

If it's someone I know and want to speak with I'll crate Zeus with a single word command, "Kennel" and open the door.

If not, I just let Zeus' greeting continue until Zeus sees the visitor depart. Then Zeus gets lots of praise and a treat.

LF


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2