German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   I know Shepherds get attached, but this is just ridiculous! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/439321-i-know-shepherds-get-attached-but-just-ridiculous.html)

Pax8 04-16-2014 05:45 PM

I know Shepherds get attached, but this is just ridiculous!

Sometimes my pup just wants to hold my hand. And it's not that I'm accidentally cuing him to shake (I drove myself up a wall for a week thinking I was accidentally cuing him) but he will just decide, out of the blue, that he really NEEDS to hold my hand. And he'll come find me whether I'm working on my computer, cooking, making some little craft, paw at my hand until he gets it turned palm up and then he'll wrap his paw around my hand and just sit there and zone out for a minute or two. When he decides that he's had his fill of hand holding, he'll quietly leave and wander off to whatever he was doing before. He also does this to one of my roommates. When my roommate is hanging out in the room, Kaiju will occasionally go over, paw my roommate's hand palm up and just sit there and hold it for a minute or two.

It's not just at home either. I had an awkward lunch outside a sandwich shop when he got the urge to hold my hand. If I refuse, he quietly whines in such a pathetic manner, it's hard to deny him. So I sat there for a full five minutes while people walked by. All looking at the girl sitting on the patio, eating a sandwich with her left hand while her dog holds her right like the clingiest, fuzziest baby sitter on earth. I could almost hear him saying "Now, dear, chew completely before swallowing. Those dry, crusty breads can be a choking hazard."

Anyone else have any experiences like this? I knew GSD's were vocal, but I'd never heard of them hand-holding before...?

Ellimaybel 04-16-2014 06:34 PM

Gunther does it endlessly too, don't feel bad. It's awkward but so cute at the same time

misslesleedavis1 04-16-2014 07:17 PM

Lol they will hold my hand in the car, or rest there heads on my arm or leg, tyson especially is very "mom" oriented he watches me all the time, but does not cuddle...go figure

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

AKIRA3 04-16-2014 07:21 PM

Oh man, I'm missing out here!!!!
Where's my hand holding??????

Oisin's Aoire 04-16-2014 07:47 PM

Awwww :)

Is your dog named Pax? My first GSD was named Pax.

Pax8 04-16-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oisin's Aoire (Post 5388001)
Awwww :)

Is your dog named Pax? My first GSD was named Pax.

Haha, no, his name is Kaiju, but my next will probably be named Pax :)

faileh 04-17-2014 12:43 AM

Haha I'm the opposite. I actually hold my dogs paw occasionally and she looks at me like I'm crazy.

Ellimaybel 04-17-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faileh (Post 5389177)
Haha I'm the opposite. I actually hold my dogs paw occasionally and she looks at me like I'm crazy.

AHAHAHAHAHA! That would be a great picture for the silly gsd faces thread

Shaolin 04-17-2014 01:03 AM

Yeah. Finn will hold hands when I'm driving somewhere or if we're sitting on the couch. He has to touch me if he's sitting next to me and he will nuzzle my hubby or I at night every few hours.

misslesleedavis1 04-17-2014 08:41 AM

I have some sort of flu :( I cannot even bare to look at the dogs today lol they will give me that "okay lets go look" and im like okay if you need me I will be face first in the toilet.