German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Cussed out at the dog store (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/439001-cussed-out-dog-store.html)

CleoPatrick 04-16-2014 01:07 AM

Cussed out at the dog store

At the local pet store this evening, I was buying dog food for Cleopatra, I had a working asking if I needed help, I said "No, Just getting my puppy some food" she notices I was buying blue wilderness large adult food and asked how old my dog was ( nosey much?) I answered that she was 6 months the lady seemed shocked saying that I had to buy puppy food or my dog will be malnourished and have health issues and she would not have enough calcium, be underweight ect. I told her that I started my dog on adult food at 12 weeks because I think puppy food causes excessive growth and other issues (my opinion) She told me I was abusing my dog! I told her that I had just had blood work done, and Cleo was high normal on most of her levels (I will be getting a copy of the test) and that she is a 6 month 70 pound GSD, she is not underweight, or unhealthy. She then cussed me out saying I was abusive and words I will not say.
How am I abusing my dog! I feed her and spend every waking second to train and play and love her.UGG :mad:

Ellimaybel 04-16-2014 01:26 AM

I don't always believe in reporting incidents because sometimes people have a bad day. But in this case I would report that employee first thing in the morning. I would ask to speak to human resources first and then management. I hope you got the name but if not a good description will suffice.

Sarah~ 04-16-2014 01:30 AM

Heck yeah I would report that employee and I would have told her to mind her own business!

DWP 04-16-2014 07:40 AM

Others know best

Gotta just laugh sometimes. I don't want to start anything, but I always wondered where do the mother wolves get their puppy food.

Shade 04-16-2014 07:52 AM

While I agree people can have bad days, that's just plain out rude and should be reported. I would have asked for the manager right away and if they weren't on site I would call the next day and either just report it by phone or setup a meeting in person

jocoyn 04-16-2014 07:58 AM

I agree she was entirely rude and should be reported.

One change, however, they have made with many large breed puppy foods is they tend to be LOWER in calcium and protein than adult dog foods. Times have changed. I did look at the BB Chicken and Rice though and that seems to be following old school (I, too would have selected the adult over the large breed puppy). Even their adult grain frees appear to be lower in protein and in calcium than others.

Kayos and Havoc 04-16-2014 08:15 AM

Wow.

On another note at Petsmart on Saturday. As I walked in the door the Hill's rep was there passing out coupons. She asked if I wanted a coupon for dog food (I had May with me). I told her no, and certainly not from Hills. I was actually a bit rude. All I had to say was no thank you. It does happen. I imagine the worker was trying to be helpful and thought she might be educating the general public.

misslesleedavis1 04-16-2014 09:17 AM

Accusing you of abusing your dog is seriously out if line. I would report the employee, no one needs that treatment, I understand bad days but work is work and that person needs to be professional.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

blackshep 04-16-2014 09:31 AM

I would report the employee for certain. That's not having a bad day, that's something else.

She's not totally wrong though about the food, ideally, you should probably have it on a LB puppy food, but at the end of the day, it's your dog and you get to choose what to feed it.

Do You Know What to Feed Your Large or Giant Breed Puppy?

jocoyn 04-16-2014 09:36 AM

I actually had an experience with a Blue Buffalo sales rep who was telling me how great their food is. By and large I like the formulations but refuse to buy a food when they won't tell me where it is made as the manufacturing company has a lot to do with the product quality. He did not have an answer for me. Remember the D3 recall.