Apaches dog park visit - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Apaches dog park visit

My town has a couple dog parks dedicated to working to working dogs from the police depts. So I asked for a dog park pass for Xmas, I got cash for one but decided to visit first.
It has a key card system and we just hung outside, when a lady came I asked if shed let me in to check it out before we pay the 50 bux. She said no, because the dogs all need shot verification. Im sorry but that pissed me off. Is she really dumb enough to think her dog is in some bubble and isnt exposed to stuff??? The diseases come from wild animals.

So I rubbed it in her face by letting my girl off leash and playing in the fields NEXT to the fenced in park. All the dogs were jealous and followed us around the circumfrence. I think Im gonna just break the law and use the dog park money to pay tickets when I get them.
volcano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Not to sound like I'm criticizing but I can't really see why she was so wrong. I wish the dog park here had someone on hand to verify shot records of the dogs that visit. I understand the diseases do come from wild animals but they also can come from unvaccinated pets and wouldn't you feel better knowing that your dog is a little safer because someone is checking the other dogs?

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.
Ellimaybel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Sorry, but I wouldn't let you in to my park either. If I let a dog into my private dog park that people pay money for and have to sign liability waivers, what happens when someone lets a strange dog in that gets into a fight or something? Not to mention at my park I could lose my membership for letting in a strange dog.

I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

The well ran dog park in my town requires a rabies tag or you're kicked out. I agree with it. I'm sure the other dogs weren't too jealous. They could interact with each other while yours was on the outside looking in.
boomer11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

They followed us at the fenceline the whole time, they were looking at my girl running fields and in the pond chasing orbees. The main attraction is offleash but she does that all the time anyways. Ill pay the ticket and write a story on here when we get busted. Putting a dog in a sit/stay while the ticket gets written does wonders towards a warning...

My girl isnt spreading lepto- can dogs even spread it to each other? Or kennel cough, shes a healthy adult. My breeders are anti vaccination, but I do a 3 way plus rabies.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

So why would you ask for a pass for Xmas if this park is so beneath you?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

because we drive like 40 minutes to go the the free park where theres nobody enforcing dumb rules. I understand the not letting in strange dogs, but Im reasonable enough that if someone asked nicely, explained its their first visit and wanted to check it out then id let them in ONCE. To say stupidity about shots is a sign of the times.
kids get shots to go to school 8 hours together in a small room- basically a germ breeding ground. To do this with a dog park is stupid.

Last edited by volcano; 04-15-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

You realize rabies is contagious and can be passed to humans right? You think people want to bring their kids in to that? That's why any dog park worth a darn actually enforces the shots requirement. You sound close minded.

If you wanted to leave your dog in the car and check out the park yourself I'm sure she would have no problem letting you in. You should be happy the park has people who enforce the rules. I'd rather a park be too strict then have a bunch of people who could care less.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

I don't understand your stance on this TBH. A private dog park, asked you to provide proof of a legally required shot. What's the big deal???

If you were a member and someone let in a strange dog, "because they asked nice" and it attacked your dog, I bet you would be ticked if there was no proof of vaccination. Isn't that what you were paying for? A private off leash area that is well maintained with standards??

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

My google search cant find me a single case of dog rabies in Illinois, A guy in Missouri got it from a bat and was the first case since 1959.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.