Lesson Learned - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Lesson Learned

I had one of the strangest days ever. It started with me going and buying Gunther a new reflective orange collar he can grow into, a tractor tire, and a prong collar for when we take him on his first walks to the beach. When I opened the Jeep door to get his leash out he leaped into the jeep so I figured, eh why not? I gathered the other dog, locked the house, and headed to the beach. We got there and it was closed. (they are busy trying to ensure there are no more sinkholes since a child died last year) So I took the boys to this trail I had never been too that I thought went into the woods. After not very far I noticed poop everywhere and coyote fur. I then got my boys out of there and headed to the park with a creek. We were walking down the ramp bridge when a guy with his dog came up behind us fast and Gunther spun around so fast he knocked Cyclone right off the bridge. Cyclone wears a harness especially because of incidents like this and it was only about 4 feet to the ground so he was lowered down gently. Meanwhile, this guy starts freaking out and trying to be helpful, leans down with his dog next to me. Gunther is now trying to play with the other dog and he almost falls off the bridge. The guy goes down the bridge to call Cyclone to level ground where he can get back up and I take the opportunity to do the same, only further up the bridge away from the guy and his dog. I finally get the boys gathered and we continue walking. Then I'm a little ways into a different trail and realize that I really need to go to the bathroom and my Jeep fob is not in my pocket. So the hubby left work early and let me in the jeep then I headed home to take care of the first problem and then had to drive all the way back to the creepy trail to find the fob. Luckily it all worked out but I definitely learned that I can not handle the two dogs on my own. I felt bad and thought they didn't have any fun so I gave Gunther my steak bone tonight and Cyclone got the grizzle.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.

"Some people never end up going crazy...what a truly terrible life they must lead." - Unknown
Ellimaybel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Be careful giving cooked bones. They can cause stomach upset or worse.

Otherwise, sounds like an interesting day.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Make an extra set of keys to your vehicle and your home. And put them on a cord you can hang around your neck.

I learned that the hard way. I lost my keys once when I put them in a pocket that had a hole in the bottom and I didn't know it.

You may never, ever need them again.

But you'll never be sorry you have them.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sehrgutcsg

I'm assuming "fob" is keys>? We need a glossary of terms sticky, real bad here. I just recently started using "mountaineering circle clip hooks" for my keys and I have a few. It clips on the belt loop, does not cause pocket / pain leg issues and they seem cheap enough.

We all have the crazy days, mine started in Sept. 1958..
sehrgutcsg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

A key "fob" is the little remote some cars have with buttons to unlock/lock doors and such.

Sounds like you had quite an experience. Also, there are some stores (for our area it us a do-it-yourself store) that can make/duplicate a key fob. Like previously mentioned, it can't hurt to have an extra. I'm glad it all worked out though.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehrgutcsg View Post
I'm assuming "fob" is keys>? We need a glossary of terms sticky, real bad here. I just recently started using "mountaineering circle clip hooks" for my keys and I have a few. It clips on the belt loop, does not cause pocket / pain leg issues and they seem cheap enough.

We all have the crazy days, mine started in Sept. 1958..
Just discovered from someone, these fobs have a key inside of them should the units battery fail. A woman was having a day similar to what the OP is describing and was trying to pull hers apart frantically, she was late for something. She asked me to look at it, (I thought she might be nuts) but it had a small lever at one end, that slid over to release it, she was pulling on the wrong, not crazy after all, just panicking. This is the Chrysler jeep fob she had.

Lesson Learned-image.jpg

OP, sorry you had an off day, we all have them from time to time. The whole sink hole stuff would get me my imagination going.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.