German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Backpack abuse: stupidity at its best (moved from gen info to stories) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/435585-backpack-abuse-stupidity-its-best-moved-gen-info-stories.html)

spinkamor 04-08-2014 08:55 PM

Backpack abuse: stupidity at its best (moved from gen info to stories)

While I was jogging/walking with my pup, who was wearing his backpack, a lady comes up to me telling me I'm abusing him. She asks me why I'm "forcing" him to wear a backpack, and that it's "inhumane". She says, "Why are you treating your dog this way? It's abuse." And then she walks off shaking HER head. Unbelievable.

Mind you, I live downtown, and I'm confronted by crazy people everyday, but this one takes the cake.

I've had people give me dirty looks and ask me why he's muzzled when we're using his Gentle Leader/Halti, but really this "backpack abuse" is by far the best one yet.

Anyone else have any funny stories??

misslesleedavis1 04-08-2014 09:09 PM

Im too busy laughing at your story. I think your story takes it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

alexg 04-08-2014 09:33 PM

The world is full of ignorant people, some choose to speak out...

lovemygirl 04-09-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinkamor (Post 5347153)
She asks me why I'm "forcing" him to wear a backpack, and that it's "inhumane". She says, "Why are you treating your dog this way? It's abuse." And then she walks off shaking HER head. Unbelievable.

Man, she has bigger problems than your pup -- has she seen kids unload from a schoolbus lately?

:D :p

ApselBear 04-09-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexg (Post 5347313)
The world is full of ignorant people, some choose to speak out...

If only half of them were as smart as our dogs...:rolleyes:

I'll keep dreaming.

volcano 04-10-2014 01:43 AM

You should have said carrying your baby hurts your back and had a recording of a baby inside the backpack

JeanKBBMMMAAN 04-10-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinkamor (Post 5347153)
While I was jogging/walking with my pup, who was wearing his backpack, a lady comes up to me telling me I'm abusing him. She asks me why I'm "forcing" him to wear a backpack, and that it's "inhumane". She says, "Why are you treating your dog this way? It's abuse." And then she walks off shaking HER head. Unbelievable.

Mind you, I live downtown, and I'm confronted by crazy people everyday, but this one takes the cake.

I've had people give me dirty looks and ask me why he's muzzled when we're using his Gentle Leader/Halti, but really this "backpack abuse" is by far the best one yet.

Anyone else have any funny stories??

Which is why this is being moved to the stories section.

Kayos and Havoc 04-10-2014 08:17 AM

Too funny. That requires a "whatever" reply.

Gwenhwyfair 04-10-2014 09:30 AM

No, I don't have any story like that. I have to say 99.9% of the people who speak to me about my dogs are positive and friendly.

As for this story, ya know, like lovemygirl noted, there sure are different tolerance levels out there. I wonder if that lady ever blinks an eye at some of the unkindnesses heaped on humans daily, she better not eat grocery store meat either. jeez.

KathrynApril 04-10-2014 09:41 AM

I am surprised someone would think that is abuse! Though I guess it really shouldn't. Did you end up saying anything to her or just ignoring and moving on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemygirl (Post 5351337)
Man, she has bigger problems than your pup -- has she seen kids unload from a schoolbus lately?

:D :p

LOL