Rant, old stupid guy ruined my walk MOVED TO STORIES - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rant, old stupid guy ruined my walk MOVED TO STORIES

Just took my pup out for a walk, while I'm walking I'm also teaching my dog to learn how to sit when I tell him to so he can learn to sit and stay and some guy drives by yelling at me saying " did you pick up that ****?!!" Made me so mad. Like who are you to yell at me like this?
For one my dog didn't even take a poo.. ?! I look at him all confused cause it know he didn't just poop because it was pushing his butt down so he can sit. I guess he thought he pooped but still it doesn't mean he could shout that out to me. ( I always pick up after my dog) JUST A RANT. He pretty much ruined my lovely walk with my dog. A old dumb guy swearing/yelling at a 17y/o is pretty immature.
Hunter4628 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Don't let it bother you. There are all types of people out there.

One day I was walking my Min Pin and someone drove by and yelled "That's your wife's dog!"

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Don't let it bother you. There are all types of people out there.

One day I was walking my Min Pin and someone drove by and yelled "That's your wife's dog!"

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thanks!! Some people these days!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Sorry about the guy but ....

there's way better ways to teach a sit then pushing your pup down! You working on all of ---> Top Training Expectations for Puppies yet? If you start marker training you won't have any trouble
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee View Post
Sorry about the guy but ....

there's way better ways to teach a sit then pushing your pup down! You working on all of ---> Top Training Expectations for Puppies yet? If you start marker training you won't have any trouble
Thanks!
I learned hand motions to make him sit, but some lady in my neighborhood gave me some advice telling me " say sit once and if he doesn't then push his butt down " but I'll be looking at the link you sent me thanks
Old 04-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yup grumpy old men. Unfortunately you're going to run into them throughout your life. They also tend to pick on young females because they know it's safer to do so.

So....the only thing you can do is learn how to feel sorry for them for that's all they have left, to yell out their frustration on strangers and it's a sad way to end life.

Don't let it ruin your walks or day.
Gwenhwyfair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenhwyfair View Post
Yup grumpy old men. Unfortunately you're going to run into them throughout your life. They also tend to pick on young females because they know it's safer to do so.

So....the only thing you can do is learn how to feel sorry for them for that's all they have left, to yell out their frustration on strangers and it's a sad way to end life.

Don't let it ruin your walks or day.
Thank you guys for making me realize that there's so many stupid people like this out there and not to let it ruin my day
Old 04-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If everyone picked up after their dogs, people wouldn't yell at other people.
If you want to get upset at someone, I'd get upset at the helpful person who told you to push your dogs butt down. She's done more to mess you up than the man worried about an unauthorized pile...

Keep in mind, that you can't control other people but you are in charge of yourself -- That is, you are responsible for your reactions... It CAN be hard not to get upset at remarks like this but try to keep in mind that you can choose to blow it off.
middleofnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Men often feel that every female is deserving of their criticism or unsolicited advice.

I was working my dog in a field , and he does well with a good game of tug as a reward after a session. Some guy rolled up in his car , slowed it to a stop , rolled down the window and said " you should not play tug with your dog , it confuses them about who is Alpha " . Alvin did not even let go of the leather tug..just his eyeballs were shifting and his ears were changing directions listening to the convo.( comical really) . I had replied to the guy " I am not playing tug , I am just trying to get my Chihuahua back!" . The guy shook his head , rolled up his window , and left.
ALL MY RESCUES!
Oisin's Aoire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Lol there's a guy in our apartment complex terrified of dogs. one time Lara peed and he asked if I was going to pick it up - he somehow thought it was poop. I had to explain that she squats when she pees....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.