This Really Excites Me!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default This Really Excites Me!!!

This is the best! julie, not july like the cop wrote, decided she would bust outta the house while i was sleeping. had a buddy over that let himself out just before i took a nap. i guess he doesn't know how to close a door. he went out the back then didn't close the gate leaving the backyard. julie thought she'd like to sniff the front yard. a neighbor called the cops. doorbell rang and i open the door to a cop and julie standing right next to him wagging her tail and smiling. the cop wasn't smiling.

no dog license i'm screwed. will plea guilty by reason of ignorance. say i didn't know and pay the $15 bitch tax before the court date.

dog at large i'm fighting 'cause she never left my property, it's not fenced but the city ordinance only says dog at large is off leash anywhere other then the owner's premises.

morale of the story is when letting yourself out of someone's house, leave all doors and gates as they were.

the one that has ruined my life. she's the best!
scarfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh no! I wondered for a minute when look at the pictures why the taco bell sauce and cigarette butts. Makes sense now. XD

I'm sure you'll win the dog at large fight. If you have any nice neighbors/friends that saw her in your yard only, I'd call them up to testify to the fact that she never left.

I had a roommate once leave the house and leave the front door wide open. Frag walked out... he was gone for an hour or two. Finally came back, thank GOD.

Good luck! At least she's cute.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hot sauce and cigarettes excite me too

I had kids cut through my yard and leave the gate open..I let my Jack Russell out in the yard ( can't see the gate from the backdoor , and we never use the backyard gates..no reason to think they would be open) . I went into the living room to put a Sesame on for the baby , and there is my JRT in the front yard hanging out ??!?!?!

No cops came or anything..but yes guests both invited and uninvited will leave your gate open.

That was years ago ...now that I have a 130 pound Mastiff , A 90 pound Boxer/hound/pit mix , and an 80 pound GSD , kids they don't cut through my yard anymore lol
ALL MY RESCUES!
Oisin's Aoire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

@DJEtzle, thanks. i live top floor of a 2 family. dude downstairs called the landlords, said some lady rang his bell to ask if the dog sniffing the front lawn was his. he claims he knocked on my door before calling them and i didn't answer. they tried calling me but my phone was off. he didn't know what to do so he called the police.
IDK if i believe his story. either way only matters what the cop saw. i'm sure she was on the property when he rolled up. she wouldn't have came for him if she was elsewhere. i would've had to call her back if she was in another yard or in the street. since she was on the property when he rang my bell i'm sure she never left. it only matters what the cop wrote in his report. i have to go to city hall and pay $5 for a copy of that. paying the bitch tax while i'm there.

Last edited by scarfish; 04-07-2014 at 01:22 PM.
scarfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

I'm surprised they didn't write wolf at large

And a lost and found set of satellite dishes.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

...and so my ADD kicks in.. I couldn't connect the dots of the story because I was trying to figure out what the cigarette and hot sauce had to do with it all.. HA!

I have figured it out. Hope you win the dog at large one! And i'm sure you'll just have to pay the lisence fee..

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010
wyoung2153 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That is really tough luck. But at least Julie didn't get stolen or hit by a car. You got her back safe and sound.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

who could be upset with a face like that. Take a picture of that face to court with you .
Msmaria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 01:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Im guessing the dog left the property, youll find out what the cop says in court. With all the efences the cops cant be writing tickets in the yard. Just lie in court and say you have an efence. On topic im a bad dog owner now, Our fence got removed on one side and apache keeps wandering.
volcano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

My dad let my dogs zeke and luther out in the fenced backyard and went to take a bath. Somehow the gate had been left open so they escaped. Proceeded to go to the front yard, and then just sat at the front door barking to be let in. My neighbors obviously couldn't get a hold of my dad because they didn't have his phone number so they called me at work. I called my dad, he let them in. Unfortunately some other neighbors called animal control and we got a ticket, which I was pissed about. Dogs never left the property, they sat at the front door barking to come in. It was 6 pm and they were out there 15 minutes tops so no noise ordinances were broken

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.