German Shepherds Forum banner

Cafall Goes Grocery Shopping!!

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  volcano 
#1 ·
So on our way home from hitting up a local trail I ducked into the grocery store to grab a couple last minute items for dinner. When we arrived I parked in the second row from the store entrance and rolled the windows up until there was just a crack open at the top. Cafall watched me and I ran inside.

Maybe 5 minutes later as I'm checking out at the self checkout machine directly in front of the sliding double doors I hear an overhead page for security. Surprised, I looked up and who should I see bounding around between the two doors but my own dear wonderful GSD, Cafall.

The security guard waved the door open and Cafall came bouncing up to me so happy with his accomplishment. I just kinda stared at him dumbfounded for a moment. I had a minor convo with the guard establishing ownership and promising to never bring my dog into the grocery store again. :rolleyes:

Cafall was all light feet and prancy walking back to the car. I get there and realize the little bugger had watched me roll up my manual windows and given the new teeth marks and saliva covering the handle managed to roll the window back down enough to squeeze through, jump out, and come join me while grocery shopping. :eek: :eek: :D

Such a silly boy. Never let it be said that these GSDs aren't great lil problem solvers. He now has a super new seatbelt harness. lol

See less See more
#2 ·
That is flippen HILARIOUS!!:rofl:

I can just picture it...prance and all

#5 ·
Oh Gator and Harley, he was a proud lil peacock for the next solid hour. I'm just thankful I only had him in the car. If the husky had been back there I'd still be out looking for that one.

Tar Heel, you're definitely right. I was scared he'd do it again so our next stop on the way home was the pet store to get him a shiny, red, seat belt. He's going to be a pouty pup the next time he tries this. lol

#8 ·
:rofl:

I just had to laugh at this. What a smart dog! A bit horrifying too but that's kids and dogs for ya.

#9 ·
Oh my! What a smart guy. Good thing it was a quick trip into the store and he was not lose in the parking lot for long.

#10 ·
Wow, he's an grade A escape artist that's for sure!

#13 ·
Nice! Glad it turned out OK.

Our first Aussie was in our tent trailer while we were at an event flying RC planes. I went off to the bathroom and came back to find the door pushed off the velcro that held it in place. I ran for the flightline to get my husband only to find him walking the dog back. He had gone and found "Dad" amongst all the planes and was quite pleased with self. An announcement soon came about NO dogs in the plane area (I had to go explain he escaped). Lucky for us because we were in the middle of miles of Arizona desert for that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.