German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Beau....ah...Beau (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/409354-beau-ah-beau.html)

jocoyn 02-10-2014 01:39 PM

Beau....ah...Beau

Well Beau has done so well with the new cats, Bob and Jangles and the cats have done well with exploring the great outdoors and knowing how to get back in, that we decided to leave Beau outside and the window cracked so the cats could leave and enter as they chose.

Stepped outside to see what was going on and there was nobody to be found. walked into my bedroom and Beau (who is not, never has been, never will be allowed on the bed) was curled up on the bed wrapped up in our comforter. Bob was sitting on the "reading" chair in the corner and Jangles was outside and, several hours later, has returned to home base.

For Beau to get in, he had to force up the window and crawl in ... Well at least no damage, just pawprints on the sheets and they are due for washing anyway.

3GSD92_00_12 02-10-2014 01:45 PM

Beau just wanted to be warm and experience the fun of curling up with a blanket. Are the cats allowed on the bed?

GSKnight 02-10-2014 01:48 PM

Those new cats getting him in trouble!!!

jocoyn 02-10-2014 01:49 PM

The cats are allowed everywhere but the tables, desks, and counters.,,trying to figure if there is a way to do a cat door where they can't bring in the chipmunks which I hope they take care of...right now we are letting them in and out.

Beau could pose for the "peaceable kingdom". He has tons of ball drive but is so gentle with small animals. The darned chipmunks run across the deck while he is out there laying on it and are making burrows right into the pen. (through several inches of gravel)

Shade 02-10-2014 01:50 PM

Oh Beau... :nono::laugh: I couldn't help but smile at the story, I can just picture it :)

carmspack 02-10-2014 01:51 PM

ha ha ha , Nancy ! the Genius of Dogs - there you go lol

jocoyn 02-10-2014 01:55 PM

Going into that book and doing a lot of OMG, OMG! Right now he is on the deck looking in my window staring at me but I have a conference call in 5 minutes and a whole bunch of boxes I am going through. He WILL help me go through them. And I would rather he do that while I am not trying to talk on the phone.

FWIW the fence thing in that book -- he figures out fence gaps easily. We were recently searching at a farm that had cattle fences topped with barbed wire everywhere. He found the gaps, went on the other side and waited until we caught up. Were it not for him it would have taken us a lot longer to get into several fields.

3GSD92_00_12 02-10-2014 01:57 PM

Hmmm. Maybe Beau is wanting to be a cat now, since they get to have fun by entering the house through a window and get to lay on nice, warm bed.
This whole story is amusing, though.
Just another example of how smart GSDs are.

jocoyn 02-10-2014 02:01 PM

Carmen, I will pick up on the genius thread when I finish the book. It is captivating. Really captivating. Gotta go now and dial in........ He has NOT dropped his stare ......nor has he moved.

carmspack 02-10-2014 02:29 PM

GSD especially -- very sensitive to your body signals and emotions --- this was even mentioned in a Police K9 magazine - feature article "high risk rural tracking"