German Shepherds Forum banner

What are the odds???

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Susan_GSD_mom 
#1 ·
My best friend Cutter passed away yesterday due to internal bleeding, $930 to have my dog put down :( Today I start looking for a new pup, I find a pup that has the same grandfather as Cutter Ursas von Batu, carbon copy of Cutter as a pup, will post pics tomorrow. BTW I bought him :D

#4 ·
I am so sorry for your loss. But excited for your new puppy.

Be warned though, do not place unrealistic expectation on your new pup. Do not compare him to Cutter. They are different dogs. It's not fair to you or the pup the grow up under the "he is a replica of my last dog"

My new pup I got after I lost my heart dog, Ike, to Hemangiosarcoma. I made sure to get a different color. Just to not always be comparing. But I still find myself looking at my pup and comparing. I have to check myself a lot. I remember how good Ike was at the vets. How he would sit still for anything, let newbies try blood draws, be perfectly calm in public, loved everyone. And I have to remind myself that it took me years to get that. That my puppy is still learning, has different threshold, different triggers, different soul.

Good luck with the new baby. Cutter would want another dog to live the life he had, and have the love he had.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#5 ·
I am so sorry for your loss. But excited for your new puppy.

Be warned though, do not place unrealistic expectation on your new pup. Do not compare him to Cutter. They are different dogs. It's not fair to you or the pup the grow up under the "he is a replica of my last dog"

My new pup I got after I lost my heart dog, Ike, to Hemangiosarcoma. I made sure to get a different color. Just to not always be comparing. But I still find myself looking at my pup and comparing. I have to check myself a lot. I remember how good Ike was at the vets. How he would sit still for anything, let newbies try blood draws, be perfectly calm in public, loved everyone. And I have to remind myself that it took me years to get that. That my puppy is still learning, has different threshold, different triggers, different soul.

Good luck with the new baby. Cutter would want another dog to live the life he had, and have the love he had.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I catch myself calling Cruz, Rocky a times. I feel real bad when I do it. I do the same with our cat Nikko too. I call him Jake sometimes. I do catch it from my better half when it happens.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.