German Shepherds Forum banner

I need to vent about this (moved to stories - not general info)

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  misslesleedavis1 
#1 ·
This is Dexter he is a Border Collie,i have an annoying person in my life that argues about this all the time, he says dexter is not full BC and he is very freakn rude about it, its even come to me throwing down his papers and saying read them! he is even related to this mans pb border collie. I keep hearing how he is too big to be a full blooded BC, why? just because yours is smaller in size...urgh. Sorry in advance about my little rant.

Dog Mammal Canidae Dog breed Border collie

Dog Canidae Dog breed Border collie Vehicle

See less See more
#7 ·
YOU know he's pure, why does it matter what this other person thinks? He's wrong and you know it. This only bothers you because you let it. Don't waste your time trying to prove something to someone who isn't going to believe you anyway. Life's too short - move on!

#9 ·
Nothing shuts up a person faster than saying "yes your riight" if hes bothering you and you just want him to stop. It may not be your thing but just a suggestion. You and the rest of the world will know you have a BC what does it matter what he thinks.
And why should LaRen616 have all the fun, I live in Cali (great weather and beaches)and I could have 2 Dexters..:D

#12 ·
This is Dexter he is a Border Collie,i have an annoying person in my life that argues about this all the time, he says dexter is not full BC and he is very freakn rude about it, its even come to me throwing down his papers and saying read them! he is even related to this mans pb border collie. I keep hearing how he is too big to be a full blooded BC, why? just because yours is smaller in size...urgh. Sorry in advance about my little rant.

View attachment 170954

View attachment 170962
Yep, definitely not a BC, most likely a Poodle or a Weimaraner or possibly a Beagle/Chinese Crested mix. I think you should go to a reputable breeder and get a purebred BC....oh, and since I have a reputation of fair play and just want to help everyone out...I'll take Dexter off your hands for a nominal fee.

I completely agree with Cassidy's Mom......."life's too short"...to let jerks get under your skin.

SuperG

#20 ·
since you are local - go up to Rose Reid's and see if you can do a herding clinic with him.
She told me there are two types , one a heavier more muscular dog , the old Scottish type , and another that is leaner , taller , more narrowed head used in different terrain , probably with some sight hound somewhere in the background.
She has been breeding and using them from way back to the 70's --

#21 ·
Most of the owners of GSDs any color NOT black and tan saddle or black and red saddle are used to "what is he mixed with" "No, he's not pure" "No that is NOT a purebred Shepard, a purebred is about 120lbs and is black and tan"

I do argue against the wolf comments just because I don't want anyone to think a wolf mix is proper, but other than that, I politely answer properly and if they want to argue, who cares?

#22 ·
I was not aware she did herding, when dex was about 7 months old I took him to a lady named wendy, he mostly was interested in eating sheep poop lol he does not show a strong herd instinct, not like my moms bc. I have lived in brooklin for 27 years, I know of the Reids but I am better with faces, I worked at petro all summer chances are I have seen you (carmspack) tons lol .

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#23 ·
Rose of the Reidell farms, once Canada's biggest and best herd of Guernsey dairy cattle is at the northwest corner of Ashburn and Brawley . Just one house north of the raw food boutique I have recommended to you a few times .
When I met her some 25 years ago she had just been out of border collies , and moved on to her love , Jack Russell Terriers , importing many directly from working stock, including Romney and Tango. Amazing go to ground trials where she asked me to devise and judge a standardized breed appropriate obedience trial -- which I did for 3 years including at the historic gala event held on the Windfield Farms field . Her JRT's were just amazing . In the trials I clearly saw dogs which had all the build up -- super hyper excitable jumping out of their skins , which prepares you to see DRIVE at its purest and highest level--- hah --- all show , all pose - what a disappointment when all "those" dogs had to offer was sizzle and no steak. As in many breeds , the dogs that did the best , were the most composed , most collected - including her record breaking Romney .
Same with the border collies -- there was a trend to some really extreme border collies used for cross breeding development for a "sport-dog" - especially fly ball.
Speaking with Rose got me thinking about "locked-in prey" , a zone the dog enters in prey drive where they are virtually unreachable .
She had her own share of those . Sheep killers . Lacking the ability to block or inhibit. My sister rescued one , a sheep killer , from some farm - no relation to Rose's animals. The dog was slavishly obsessive on movement and brutal on ankles .
Here is a head's up . Every year Durham Region has an event called Farm-Gate where participating farmers open up their farms and host demonstrations, food sampling etc. The Jackson family , at the corner of my street, Country Lane and Columbus , has a farm which spans both sides of Columbus . They have on average 300 head of sheep give or take. Have the year they are right behind my back yard fence ! Every fall there is a real herding demonstration. Rose and one of her herding trained border collies , controlling a large flock.
Details of the event posted at the raw boutique HeronView , as they also participate in alpaca herd and award winning fleece displays.
One time I was in the Reid barn while a border collie training session was going on . Not your herding instinct test that's for sure . Much more demanding -- control and direction.

by the way Rose used to bring her JRT's to the Sportsmen's Show and share the stage with our GSD and Malinois group of French Ring club members and demonstrators.

you should get to know the neighbourhood -- there is a lot of local talent ---

#24 ·
Starting to see that, i went to school with the Daryl Jackson, I did visit Heronsview today, i picked up tripe cubes and rabbits feet...Tyson went nuts for them! unfortunately switiching the dogs to an all raw diet is not finacially possible for me. I wish it was though, i like the idea of feeding all natural. She has gorgeous dogs! When i go back to pick up more tripe i will look on the board, its a neat little store that is forsure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.