Why does everyone hate my dog?? :( (moved to stories) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why does everyone hate my dog?? :( (moved to stories)

This thread is really just me venting....

I'm getting tired of people around me don't like my dog. My friend and her boy friend just got a puppy corgi. I visited them and he said by the way thank you if I didn't see your Lincoln I would probably get a big dog. He kept making comment like oh you can't take him anywhere with you because he's too big for me to travel with. My other friend with two collie mix made comment at puppy party at my house that she never want a German shepherd because gsd are devious. She poor water in Lincoln's bowl for her dog. Lincoln run over to check it out. Then she said Lincoln is food aggressive. She said Lincoln doesn't play nice with other dog but didn't say anything ant her dog constantly showing teeth when Lincoln get close to them.

Lincoln is one year old gsd. He is still hyper and his obedience is not top notch. But he doesn't hurt anybody. He never show teeth to any other dogs or human. He just wants to play. Yeah he's not the cutest dog like collie. He may not be very cuddly. He's heavy big strong dog so he hurts you when he jump on your lap unlike the corgi. But he is a good dog.

It's bad enough never get good reaction from people on the street. Parent pull their kids away when they walk pass us at the park. Vet nurse doesn't go crazy when they see him like they were when he was a puppy. Some Other dogs in class wouldn't pair up with him to do activities. Let me say it again that Lincoln has never hurt any of the people mention above. They are people that only see him at the party or puppy play date so they only see him as a hyper dog with power and teeth.

There is only one friend that I believe she likes Lincoln. Not only acting like they do and behind my back tell ppl my dog is a monster. This friend has a lab. So she understand most of what I'm going through. Except that her dog looks friendly so stranger doesn't run away from him as fast as they would from mine

Again, I'm just venting. I just came back from visiting the puppy corgi and kinda depressed.
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm sorry but I wouldn't be friends with anyone that dislikes my dog... But thats just me.

Hope things get better for you

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
lindadrusilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It's ok, they're just jealous. Not everyone can handle the awesome responsibility of having a GSD.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2014, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

a gsd can do everything a corgi can but a corgi cant do everything a gsd can. throw a frisbee for your dog to catch mid air and then turn to the corgi and say your turn! then throw a ball in the lake and when your dog brings it back turn and say your turn! now if your gsd cant do basic "big dog" things like that then i guess you'll have to accept all the jabs towards your dog. btw pretty dog!

no matter what kind of dog you have, nothing shuts up people quicker than a well trained dog.
boomer11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2014, 12:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Step up your training and that will show them.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

Your dog is still young and energetic. When he is older and very well-trained, you will get people saying things like "wow, is he a service dog?" And random compliments from strangers on the street. Just enjoy your dog and keep training.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hey don't bother abt what other say. .I have 8 month old gsd and he has energy level like crazy...jumping, pulling at leash while going out....eagerness to inquire everyone by sniffing...well that's just Germany shepherd. ..u can't help it...people who r afraid of him..well it's their problem...my dog does not go out to bite them..I love him like crazy and he loves me the same...I don't give a **** to what other say...my gsd (storm) loves my 4 month old daughter..so that's it...be happy with ur baby...Over the period of time he would be mature and more obedientWhy does everyone hate my dog?? :( (moved to stories)-1390023342139.jpg
My storm pic

rajnish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

What jerks! Just don't get involve with those people making your life miserable. It is so easy to be dog sensitive, your not alone with similar situations like that. A family member thinks my dog is aggressive and went to extreme that my Riley would've killed her German shepherd. This was a few years back it is ridiculous even to this day. Dogs need to have fun too they love it. It's sad when people out there don't let their dogs have fun at all. People are silly dogs needs, fun, etc.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think all my neighbors thought my GSD was aggressive. I didn't mind mostly, they just didn't know her.
I've also had people say "wow I thought all GSDs were aggressive!" when they met her and she was friendly. The staff at my vet also said they didn't think she was friendly, when I asked them to give her some pets/treats so that she would associate the vet with good things they said they didn't know she was ok with people until I told them she loved getting attention.
My next door neighbor asked what happened after my dog passed away... I told her it was cancer, and she said maybe that made her aggressive. I said no, she was very friendly and loved people. She just did not like when someone came on our property without permission, and I think she thought my neighbor was always trespassing because their walkway is right up next to our house. I did try to introduce them properly, but my neighbor didn't cooperate.

Last edited by Chicagocanine; 01-18-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Chicagocanine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2014, 05:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

I think these type of people are just jealous, because we have a 'proper' dog!!!! unlike theirs.

if your GSD is eating and eating and eating and losing weight - please consider testing for EPI.

http://www.epi4dogs.com/epiinsnapshots.htm
Harry and Lola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.