German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Randon Act of Kindness Thread (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/395010-randon-act-kindness-thread.html)

Mac's Mom 01-12-2014 03:26 PM

Randon Act of Kindness Thread

I was inspired to start this thread after reading this post about a random act of kindness...

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...d-stories.html

I got the chills and started to tear up simultaneously when I read this. I want to hear more stories of random acts of kindness ...no act is too small...I want to hear them all.

Jax08 01-12-2014 04:00 PM

my husband is putting up a new building for custom cabinetry. A customer at where he works came in and handed him $1000 for a Christmas present.

Locally, a man went to the local Christmas tree farm and paid for the next 10 Christmas trees.

Stevenzachsmom 01-12-2014 04:07 PM

What a nice thread!

I'll share a story about my friend and her co-workers. My friend, "L" works in a county school. It is an "alternative" school for "problem" kids. They are kids that have been suspended from their home schools. There are a multitude of behavioral issues - drug, alcohol, sex. For many of the kids, there is no support system at home.

One boy stood out. He was in desperate need of clothing. He was an extra tall, extra large boy. The staff pooled their money and bought him appropriate clothing. Not wanting to embarrass him, they called him to the office and told him there had been a drawing for a prize. His name was drawn and he won.

misslesleedavis1 01-12-2014 04:10 PM

I young man donated 25,000 to a no kill shelter in durham region, inside along with the donation was a little note stating that he did not want people to know who he was he just wanted someone to do something kind for someone one day. This young man is an unknown hero.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Mac's Mom 01-12-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax08 (Post 4821258)
my husband is putting up a new building for custom cabinetry. A customer at where he works came in and handed him $1000 for a Christmas present.

Locally, a man went to the local Christmas tree farm and paid for the next 10 Christmas trees.

aw so cool...man I'm going to cry though this entire post I know it. Thanks for sharing.

Mac's Mom 01-12-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom (Post 4821282)
What a nice thread!

I'll share a story about my friend and her co-workers. My friend, "L" works in a county school. It is an "alternative" school for "problem" kids. They are kids that have been suspended from their home schools. There are a multitude of behavioral issues - drug, alcohol, sex. For many of the kids, there is no support system at home.

One boy stood out. He was in desperate need of clothing. He was an extra tall, extra large boy. The staff pooled their money and bought him appropriate clothing. Not wanting to embarrass him, they called him to the office and told him there had been a drawing for a prize. His name was drawn and he won.

how cool.

Mac's Mom 01-12-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 4821314)
I young man donated 25,000 to a no kill shelter in durham region, inside along with the donation was a little note stating that he did not want people to know who he was he just wanted someone to do something kind for someone one day. This young man is an unknown hero.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

beautiful

Mac's Mom 01-12-2014 04:17 PM

My Dad used to buy turkey's and drop them off at bars telling the bartender to give them to the people they know need them. He told the bartenders to tell the recipients of the turkeys that they won it in a raffle or whatever so the person wouldn't realize it was charity.

Nigel 01-12-2014 04:42 PM

At the office my wife worked (dental) they were cutting back on front staff hours and eventually eliminating one spot. The girl who took the hit was a single mom with 4 young kids, her husband ditched her and was no help what so ever and to top it off it was Close to Christmas. My wife talked to the others about kicking in some bucks to help her out, most did, but it wasn't much.

We were having a dinner at my parents with the whole family and my wife brought up the coworkers situation, she didn't mention taking up a collection, but my brother opened his wallet and gave DW a $100, then my parents and sisters did the same. When my wife went into work and put the money in the "pot" the rest of the staff was surprised that complete strangers would do that and it started a giving frenzy. The girl was able to give her kids presents and take care of a some bills too.

Mac's Mom 01-12-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 4821530)
At the office my wife worked (dental) they were cutting back on front staff hours and eventually eliminating one spot. The girl who took the hit was a single mom with 4 young kids, her husband ditched her and was no help what so ever and to top it off it was Close to Christmas. My wife talked to the others about kicking in some bucks to help her out, most did, but it wasn't much.

We were having a dinner at my parents with the whole family and my wife brought up the coworkers situation, she didn't mention taking up a collection, but my brother opened his wallet and gave DW a $100, then my parents and sisters did the same. When my wife went into work and put the money in the "pot" the rest of the staff was surprised that complete strangers would do that and it started a giving frenzy. The girl was able to give her kids presents and take care of a some bills too.

chills & tears again...giving is contagious