Makes me sick!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Makes me sick!!

Just need to vent but Its days like this where I lose hope for humanity. I work in a rather large building thatís has 2 sides where 2 separate agencies work. On my side we have our janitorial staff, and the other side has a separate company for that building. Well our parking garage/ basement connect these two buildings. Anyways, there are these huge dumpsters that the janitorial staff uses for recycling cardboard. Today I was walking in between the two buildings in the basement and I looked over where they keep those huge dumpsters and see one of the janitorial workers struggling to move this dumpster back to where they keep them. As Iím walking over there to give his guy a hand I see 5 people that work in one or the other building that were more than capable to help just walked right pass him and looked. Well as I got closer to the janitor I could see that he is mentally handicap. Which made it even worse that not one of those people would take 2 minutes out of their day to help this guy. But wait it gets better. So I walk up to him and offer to help and we start to push the dumpster back to where they wait to get picked up and this jack wagon in a BMW thatís trying to leave drives up to where we are and wait for an astonishing 10 seconds before honking his horn. I could not believe that this guy had the nerve to drive up, watch us struggling to push this thing out of the way and then honks. Ok dingle berry, I think if you honk one more time that will give us the motivation to push faster. Well in true classy fashion, when he had just enough room to drive past he slammed on the gas and took off. I just canít believe people these days. Here is a guy struggling to move this dumpster alone and not one person would offer him a hand, and the people who walked by and look knew he was handicap, yet still couldnít find that 2 minutes at the most it took to move that dumpster. Then to top it all off, Mr. Dingle BMW couldnít sit in his car and wait the whole 30 seconds for us to move. I donít understand how you could be that busy where you couldnít help a fellow man or woman with a simple task like helping push a dumpster that wasnít even a messy one, itís used for cardboard. We all need to slow down and give a helping hand to one another. Especially during the holidays.
Breitbach343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 04:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would have left the dumpster in the way and took the guy to the vending machine for a coke on me.

It was nice of you to help. The world needs more like you!

David Winners

Fama - T.E.D.D. OEF XI-XII (GSD)(RET... )
Marshall - T.E.D.D. OEF XII-XIII (Lab)(SF EDD)
Lucian - Med Alert (Cane Corso)
Pud - the old man (Pit x Lab)
David Winners is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

You know the difference between a BMW and a porcupine don't you?

A porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

Old joke.

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

It's so frustrating to see people behave that way, I wonder (or not) how they are raising their children. How kind and thoughtful of you to help...hope you have a wonderful day...Merry Christmas...
ksotto333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Wow, what a jerk Honestly, I like David's idea best and I would have been extremely tempted to do exactly that. Waiting a whole 30 seconds, wow how inconvenient

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

haha I love that! I wish i would have thought about that. I can see the look on his faces when we go off, geta a coke, return and just sit there drinking our cokes. Thanks guys, Merry Christmas everyone
Old 12-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

It was nice of you to help. Some people feel they are above the rest.

I would stop pushing, approach the driver side and ask innocently - "May I help you"?
And then I would wait and listen ...
alexg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Good on you
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

People stink sometimes.

I try to help, I am the person that stops and moves peoples trashcans back into their driveway, I move tree limb that are in the road, I wait for ducks to cross the road, but in a garage, or late at night, if I see someone that "needs help" my mind immediately goes to the poor woman who stopped to help a stranger put a couch in their van and ended up in a pit "putting lotion on its skin". And I move on. LOL

But good for you for helping!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

I was brought up to help those in need. I donít give people money because unfortunately we have people that do that now that are more than capable of working but choice not to. What i mean by "help those in need" is; helping someone struggling to put a heavy idem in their cart at the grocery store, taking a name off the vet or kids gift tree and buying something they can open on Christmas day, offering a hand to a stranger, those are the things that take little to no time to do but leaves that person you just helped smiling. Pay it forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.