AHHH! Giant creepy red & white thing with shifting eyes! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default AHHH! Giant creepy red & white thing with shifting eyes!

Just like the pictures that hang in the staircases of all those old ghost story movies! AHHHH!!!!!!

So thought my dog, yesterday Everything was going so smoothly...I had dried liver, and also his frisbee, in case the line-up for the Christmas photo with Santa was too long. Ha.

We got to the store and it was empty. Little guy was so happy to be on an excursion - he walked up smiling to the owner, loving the attention. Had a nice look around at all the chews on display. Couldn't have been better...until we walked over to Santa.

BAH! Woof woof woof! Tail not tucked, ears not flat, no frothing at the mouth....but man-oh-man what a racket! He just did NOT like Santa. I gave Santa his frisbee, to no avail. I had Santa take off his beard and let him sniff it, still no go. I sat on the floor at Santa's feet and we played for a bit, but he still didn't like him. Fortunately, the photographer is also a trainer, so she lured him into position with her clicker and quickly banged off a few shots.

He turned back into Mr. Happy once it was over, greeting the new customers that came in. But he just did not like the Santa - who will probably send him coal this year. So much for the fuzzy wubba he's been eyeing.
Blanketback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Loved your description. That pretty much described Pyrate's first Santa encounter when he was a pup. He did actually go up to Santa and tug at the beard after getting comfortable around him. I think he recognized Santa's scent or voice as my vet's helper and the scent helped him calm down.

Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
pyratemom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

It was pretty hilarious - I can say now in retrospect, lol. But kind of embarrassing at the time. I like getting those pictures taken, and have lots of Santa pics with my last boy too, since places around here do it annually as a fundraiser for the shelters. The first one with my last dog is just awful, because the Santa obviously didn't like GSDs - there's my cute little pup sitting in a sleigh beside a guy dressed up with the worst look of anguish in his eyes! Yuck, some Christmas pic! Lol!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Santa freaks me out too!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Oh no haha! Remy you silly pup. It's just a suit and a beard!
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Yeah, and while I was busy with him - doing some basics with the liver - all I could hear was the photographer saying, "Don't look at him - don't make eye contact" to the Santa. And I'm thinking, "Oh no, not another Santa that's not comfortable with GSDs" and the poor man - what did he think?! It would be kind of hard NOT to look at a GSD that barking at you....lol...
Old 12-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Gotta see those photos! LOL!

Kat
KatsMuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.