She is trying to sell MY dog! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default She is trying to sell MY dog!

This is what happened..
My bf and I are going to move next month, for now iīm staying at my momīs place with Maya and the cat. But because my mom doesnīt like big dogs.. Castiel had to stay at my bfīs sister. Before taking him there I asked if it was ok and iīm taking care of all her expenses..
So 2 days ago I realised she has been calling my dog MAX ( the name she wanted to give him) Instead of CAS. That made me quite mad, but i didnīt say anything... now yesterday...
My cousin came to me saying, īwell, you need to fatten the dog up if you want me to buy himī I didnīt know what he was talking about, and he explained to me that Nanda ( the sister) told him i was selling the puppy for 150 bux, 100 for me and 50 for her. I went crazy and talked to my bf. He called her and she said, īthis dog eats too much! so iīm selling him!ī !!!!!!
I donīt know what her problem is, since the food he is eating is coming from ME, and not her.. and I am so mad at her, and want her away from my dog now. Some people just donīt know their place.. Iīm trying to move asap so that my dog doesnīt have any contact with those crazy, disrespectful people...
Sorry guys, just needed to vent...
Lalaland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Can your BF take him for the time being? I would get the dog out of there, somewhere safe. If your sister can't be trusted, I wouldn't want to come home and the dog is gone. People are unbelievable... and she is YOUR SISTER! How the heck can she do that.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Well sheīs my bfs sister, but itīs the same thing because she is doing it to him. He canīt where heīs staying doesnīt allow pets. But we are lookin for someone more trusthworthy to take him for the time being..
I donīt know why people agree on doing favours if they are going to act like that -.-
Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Unbelievable... what she is doing is theft. The dog is your property, if she sells him, it's theft and a crime and you will press charges. I know you are staying with her but maybe that is the only way she understands.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 02-23-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If that were my dog I'd get him out of there ASAP before he disappears ... doesn't sound like a warm and cozy situation to me.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

I would get him in doggie daycare or a nice kennel place. There are some really nice kennel places if you look.

Chief-GSD
frillint1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You just got Cas a few days ago.... how come you took him if you're not in a position to care for him? Where did you get him from-- would he be able to go back for the time being (assuming it wasn't the shelter/an abusive home/etc)? Otherwise, I think your best bet is probably kenneling/boarding. It's not really fair to ask other people, who don't want dogs around, to take care of a dog you decided to adopt before you were in a stable housing situation. They're a lot of work for someone who doesn't want a dog...it's possible she felt obligated, and is now regretting it. I'm not at ALL condoning her behavior-- she's way, way out of line. I'm just saying-- put your boy somewhere where you know he's as safe as he deserves to be (like a good boarding kennel), rather than putting him on someone else.
LoveEcho is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I waited the longest i could to get him, because of this whole moving thing. I got him from a breeder, and the thing is.. I really want him, heīs a really good dog. So the breeder waited for a while, thatīs why heīs almost 5 months, but he was the last puppy there and the breeder was getting a bit inpatient.
As for the sister, I talked to her before getting him there, otherwise I wouldnīt have. she was very excited about it ( she loves dogs) and went on about how good he was, she even went with us to pick him up!! she agreed 100%. If at the begginning she had show that she was a bit off, i wouldnīt have taken him yet, or would have made other plans. But with all her exitement, I didnīt ever think she would try to sell him!
And they are a lot of work yes, and we all knew that. she did too. Thatīs why i go there every day to check up on him. I also pay all his expenses and more ( my bf gives her some money for her troubles)
Luckly, All thatīs left to do at the house, is work on the dogīs kennel, we are going to start that this weekend and hopefully by the end of the month we will be home with both our dogs. And for now, we are looking for where to leave him, but iīm deffinately going to take him out of there as soon as i can.
The sad part is that she now lost all my respect for her, since i also had to have her untrained, loud, chewy dog in my house before, and i never dared SELL him
Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

This whole thing is terribly confusing

Maya is an intact female GSD you plan to breed
There was a boxer female you intended to keep
Now the retriever male that is with your sister in law

I agree if you want all these dogs you want to have a place where YOU can take care of them and then precautions to keep the male from impregnating Maya.

OH you got the male from a breeder? Talk to THEM maybe they can keep him for you until you get everything all worked out.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
This whole thing is terribly confusing

Maya is an intact female GSD you plan to breed
There was a boxer female you intended to keep
Now the retriever male that is with your sister in law

I agree if you want all these dogs you want to have a place where YOU can take care of them and then precautions to keep the male from impregnating Maya.

OH you got the male from a breeder? Talk to THEM maybe they can keep him for you until you get everything all worked out.
LOL ok iīm starting to seem a bit crazy, so let me explain the whole situation. First, our last GSD passed away. Life was lifeless.. so we got MAYA. yes sheīs intact, and we didnīt plan on getting any other dogs for the time being s we kept her that way because we did think of breeding her... But happy news! We talked, and we decided we arenīt going to keep her intact, we figured there is no need and things would be more relaxed if we didnpt have to worry about leaving her with castiel..

Then, the boxer mix just showed up. I didnīt want to leave that puppy on the steets, and Iīm always told, if you take them, then your responssible for them. So i took in that responsibility, but we ended up finding her owner, she had run away. sheīs now with her mommy.

Castiel, is the retriever i had been planning on getting for some time now ( before the boxer mix showed up). Financially, we r good, the only problem is that the HOUSE is not yet ready, but like I said, we only need to get the kennel done. everything else is all set. And yes we got him from a breeder, but The breeder was getting a little inpatient with all the waiting. So we had that talk with the sister and figured we would take him there ( only until the end of the month). But yeasterday she decided to turn back on it and show her true colours...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.