She is trying to sell MY dog! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

you need to get to a place where you can care for your dog asap. what you are doing is not good for your pup.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Sounds like a rough situation and a good approach. Hope you get it worked out. I would definitely get the retriever out of there NOW somehow. I hope you can convince your mom. Maybe use crates and only have one out at a time, maybe not loose in the house at ALL..........and spend a lot of time outside with each of them. It would probably be better anyway for bonding with the retriever.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Castiel, is the retriever i had been planning on getting for some time now ( before the boxer mix showed up). Financially, we r good, the only problem is that the HOUSE is not yet ready, but like I said, we only need to get the kennel done. everything else is all set. And yes we got him from a breeder, but The breeder was getting a little inpatient with all the waiting. So we had that talk with the sister and figured we would take him there ( only until the end of the month). But yeasterday she decided to turn back on it and show her true colours...
Here is a solution. Get some CRATES until the kennels are done, and get your dog out of that situation and crate them over night!
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Sounds like you need to talk to your BF's sister first thing.

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

What about if you offered to pay the breeder to keep the dog until your ready? Or find a good facility. If financially you can afford it, it would be MUCH better for the dog. Where is Maya then?
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

So, I talked to the sister...
She apologised, said she had a bad day, the reason she got upset is because Castiel chewed her sofa a little, so we went there and arranged a place for him stay where he wonīt destroy a thing and i got him some of those bones to chew on. I asked her to not call him MAX, sinse thatīs not his name. So we are now going to see how that works, and if I hear of anything again, iīll talk to the breeder. See if he can keep him for 2 more weeks, 2 weeks and itīs new house
And maya is staying with me, my mom likes Maya, sheīs used to her and she doesnīt have any accidents anymore
Lalaland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

i would move your dog to a kennel very quickly. You have no idea how the dog is being treated when you are not present. You can arrange a cheaper monthly rate and visit to take the dog for daily walks.
Vampire, really evil cat, 18 years
Candi, 13 years,
Brendan, golden retriever-the thriller from Manila, 8 years
King Cody, GSD 6 years
Becky, Jazz and Annie at bridge
vjt555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Member

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I knew someone had plans like that... Get him out of there ASAP! Try your friends - maybe they'll help you out.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Wow.
First of all. If the breeder won't agree to board the dog, for a fee,with you providing all food, for two more weeks... and even worse that the breeder sold you a pup and urged you to take it knowing you had no where to keep it....sounds like you didn't pick a very responsible breeder.

Second. If it's only two more weeks, and he's only five months old, surely your mom would be willing to work with you and let him stay with you there?

And third. If your house is complete except for the kennel for the dogs.... why can't you just keep the dogs in the house with you, where they belong? Get a crate for the pup and go ahead and move in. Be done with it.

Am I correct in that you already have one dog, and then bought another knowing you had to find someone for it to stay with because you couldn't keep it with you, (regardless of whether it was for two days or two weeks)? Or am I reading your thread/posts wrong?
It was very irresponsible of you, in my opinion, to purchase a puppy knowing you were in no situation at that moment to take proper care of it. Your puppy, your responsiblity, regardless of how excited the BF's sister was.

Okay, the "Being Responsible" rant is over. No intention of offending, just pointing out the obvious. Sorry. Hope all works out, and you're not stuck trying to find your dog after BF's sister "misplaces" him.

Last edited by mehpenn; 02-25-2013 at 10:45 AM.
mehpenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

I keep seeing take him to the breeder quite a lot.. But I already made it clear that that isnīt possible, and no it isnīt because he is an irresponssible breeder, itīs simply because my area is not your area, every place is different, and here, most will not take that kind of responsibility. If the dog had some kind of problem, If i decided to GIVE UP on the puppy or anything of that type, he would, definately, take him back. But to keep him longer, very difficult. He is actually quite a nice person, understood the situation, and for the time being, even though we didnīt touch on the subject, tought the dog some nice things i wasnīt expecting..
now.. Iīm going to go ahead and add. That the house the sister lives in, is also.. My bfs house, half of it is. We got our friends living there. And for those who said that isnīt good for my puppy, and iīm not bonding.. If iīm not in uni. iīm there, and only come to my momīs house to sleep and get things. So iīm pretty much all the time with my pup..
Also.. thatīs the place we leave our other pets when we travel, I usually have to go to this nearby city to visit some of my relatives, and when i donīt take Maya, she stays there. I didnīt see the big deal then, for that reason..
But anyway.. The situation is taken care of. Family has itīs ups and downs, but problems get resolved. The house is ready yes, but our things are not there yet. The dogsīkennels are now done, and soon soon we will be in there with all our loved pet..
Oh, and yes.. not too responssible of my part to get the dog while not being at the house yet, but I didnīt see the big deal. Next time.. I will know better.
Lalaland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.