yep,, dropped a few "f-bombs" and then some!! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Please keep those dogs safe. If they can't be out when people are coming and going then put them in the house. I would hate to see anything happen to any of them
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Maybe you should work with your dogs on not bolting....
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

I scanned your post and then read some responses and then went back and read it again because, um, what kind of weirdos come unglued about llasas, a Doodle puppy and a GSD pup? Four GSDs, rotties, Dobies come running into my yard, yeah, I'm going to be startled. But, no offense, were talking two little mops and the goofiest dog on the planet (Doodle) as 3/4s of this scary dog pack?

I'd be more scared of a pack of cats.

Still, yeah, be careful. You have crazy neighbors. Gosh, where I grew up nobody ever called anybody about a neighbors dog unless there was dead livestock or blood going on.
Muneraven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If you have your hands full with a wheel barrow, put your dogs away first. The bigger ones are not old enough to be reliable 100% of the time, and I don't know about the little ones.

I know you're angry with their response, but it really is entirely your fault. Your dogs got out, and they could have been killed or worse. Little dogs can bite. And 6 month old GSDs seem pretty big to people. If you anger people, your dogs may suffer from what they may say about them or do. I don't thing slinging F-bombs would be how I would've handled it. Remember that that guy felt his family threatened as well.

If you have 4 dogs running at large do you get 4 tickets?

Some children are terrified of dogs. I think the situation escalated when you heard attacked, and that was demoted to scared. Then you were furious because the two are different. They are not that different though, considering the dogs were in their yard and perfectly capable of attacking.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Weren't you just posting less than a month ago about your fence blowing down and animal control picking up at least some of your dogs?

Control your dogs, man. You should be cussing yourself out, not your neighbors who have the right to not have strange dogs OF ANY TEMPERAMENT, AGE OR BREED/MIX run up on them.

You are the human. It is your job to not let this happen. I don't mean to sound harsh here, but you need to step up your game. Take responsibility. If you can't control the dogs, train them. If you don't have the time or the money to train them ALL, even the Lhasas, you shouldn't have them.
Sheilah
sit,stay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

If someone can (if it happens or not) can hang your dog for running at them. I am very careful with my dogs and some I have to take out daily somewhere else to run (a field I go to) because I know how people are. Stay safe, you and your dogs
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Although I wouldn't be cursing at my neighbors and I would have handled this differently, I'd also feel extremely angry too if they used the word 'attacked' and lied to the police about my dogs attacking their daughter when they just scared her. 'Attacked' is not at all synonymous with 'scared'. They don't understand that using that word can be a death sentence to a dog, or in this case 2 dogs and 2 puppies.

And who calls the police on someone if their dogs didn't cause injury and they have already picked up their dogs and left in the span of a few minutes? What is the point of that? They are wasting the police's time.
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sit,stay View Post
Weren't you just posting less than a month ago about your fence blowing down and animal control picking up at least some of your dogs?

Control your dogs, man. You should be cussing yourself out, not your neighbors who have the right to not have strange dogs OF ANY TEMPERAMENT, AGE OR BREED/MIX run up on them.

You are the human. It is your job to not let this happen. I don't mean to sound harsh here, but you need to step up your game. Take responsibility. If you can't control the dogs, train them. If you don't have the time or the money to train them ALL, even the Lhasas, you shouldn't have them.
Sheilah
This.
Be glad you didn't (yet) get another $300-400 ticket.
If it was me and some guy was cussing me out in my yard because HIS dogs came running into it and knocked my kid down (or bit the child, you don't know if you didn't examine her/him), there'd be freaking **** to pay.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

I understand your anger at people lying about what happened. It's a pet peeve of mine! I probably also would have called them out on that... and been angry. However... keep in mind that your dogs have recently been picked up. You have GOT to be extra careful from now on! If you still don't have a secure fence, you need to get one. If you have to open the gate for any reason, your dogs need to be inside. If they lie to the police, the police will most likely take their word over yours because you already had an infraction and there was a GSD involved. Age doesn't matter. The GSD is going to take the hit every time... even if it did nothing wrong. It's just a fact of life.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Let me say some people can be very ugly, and I have never had a run in with the law over my dogs, but I do have a crappy neighbor. My neighbors lab/bull mix (her boyfriends dog) was trying to take our cat down one day when me and my daughter were pulling out, I told my daughter to get the cat before their dog caught it then his dog went after my daughter. For over six months now, three times a week this man stands over there and yells and says bad things to me (I ignore him). Last week I had it and got my husband.
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.