dogs for sale - vent - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dainerra
Default dogs for sale - vent

ran across this beauty on a local pet facebook group.
Blood Hound pups 100.00 each 9 mo. old . one black and tan female other two are males. Full blooded/no papers.

I deleted the names to protect the guilty. fishing gear? really?
Dainerra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Well... these are hunting dogs, right? I'd say I was surprised, but I'm not. My rescued Congo African Grey was from someone like that. They failed at breeding her (which is why they got her from the first neglectful owner), as the male attacked her because they didn't know what they were doing. They put her up for sale or trade, too. Poor girl was SUCH a mess! At least these dogs don't look neglected.. although you can't always tell by looking. Times are tough out there right now. That doesn't make it right, but a lot of people see animals as 'property'. Not the sentient beings that they are. Our laws don't help that view, as animals are 'property' under the law. It could be worse... they could be keeping them to breed! That all said, $100 for a pure blood hound isn't too steep. You could get one! The baying is kind of annoying, but they do love a good front porch! JK

Last edited by Jag; 02-09-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't mind that people consider dogs property. It's the whole "OMG $100 for a dog? how ridiculous" attitude.
There have since been offers of trading him a lawn mower and a junker "parts truck" for the dogs.
It's not because "times are tough" here. It's the attitude of "why would you pay good money for a dog when you can find them for free"
Not sure what it would take to turn a un-socialized and un-trained 9 month old bloodhound into a hunting dog. I've been on the page for a while and a couple of the dogs from this litter have already been dumped/given away/sold again because they are "just too much" "bark too much" "would rather sniff around than pay attention to what I tell him"
Old 02-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I love bloodhounds. Poor babies...

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainerra View Post
I don't mind that people consider dogs property. It's the whole "OMG $100 for a dog? how ridiculous" attitude.
There have since been offers of trading him a lawn mower and a junker "parts truck" for the dogs.
It's not because "times are tough" here. It's the attitude of "why would you pay good money for a dog when you can find them for free"
Not sure what it would take to turn a un-socialized and un-trained 9 month old bloodhound into a hunting dog. I've been on the page for a while and a couple of the dogs from this litter have already been dumped/given away/sold again because they are "just too much" "bark too much" "would rather sniff around than pay attention to what I tell him"
Well, I guess some people don't have $100 for a dog. You can get a blood hound for free? Wow. I don't know what it would take, either. I haven't had a blood hound personally, and I don't hunt. I do like the pathetic faces on them, though. Kind of cute! I paid to spring my ill Pug from the people that had her. What I paid for her was NOTHING compared to the medical bills!! I do have an issue with them being treated as property, but that's just me. I guess I'm kind of confused about what you have a problem with, though. (Not hard to confuse me!) I want to understand, though. Can you try again to explain please? I'm being totally serious. I'm lost here. If you don't want to, that's OK, too. I'll understand.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Dogs =a disposable toy to get rid of as soon as it's inconvenient.
Dogs = Iknow i'm adding $100 for this dog but you can bred her and make a lot of money.
Dogs = I thought I'd make money but know i'm tired of feeding them. I need a new fishing pile though.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Gotcha! I agree with you on all. I thought they had bred these dogs?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Right now there is a CL ad that is disturbing, the breeder is letting these pups go at 3 weeks because mom 'weaned' them. She probably has mastitis and can't nurse. It is so frustrating the mentality of people! There is a fb page on rehoming dogs, and someone got one of the pups yesterday and is encouraging others to do the same. I know this ad isn't about making $ but sure is irresponsible.
LAB PUPPIES/SHEPHERD
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Jag, that ad is from the "breeder" He has those 3 left. A male that sold is already being rehomed on the site. A female is already on her 3rd home.
It's a small community yardsale site.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Free Puppies to good homes. Lab & rotty mix mom and Australian Shepard and Blue Healer mix dad. Will be medium size dogs. Mom & Dad on site. Send private message here if interested. PLEASE help me find these guys a home!!!

another example for the site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.