My crack puppy, LOL! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Default My crack puppy, LOL!

Grim sometimes acts like a whirling dervish! He can't concentrate (because his cat is gay, lol!) with all that energy in him. He's literally just going from thing to thing... grabs stuff he knows he shouldn't have. He'll drop it, then move on to something else. He'll check out the kitchen table (up close and personal) to see if he can get into something there. If I call his name, he'll usually look at me...sometimes come running to me and jump on me to lick my face. Then, he's off again! If I manage to tell him to 'sit' or something, he'll go running out of the room either vocalizing at me or with a bark. He's a NUT!

OK- now don't lecture on 'house manners' because he's usually pretty good about that. Much better than he was. However.. when the mood strikes him ( a couple times a day usually) he starts acting like a maniac. One day, he won't do this anymore. One day, he'll move slowly with a grey face. Right now, I'm enjoying him being a puppy. Even a crack puppy. Too many rules for a full of life young boy puppy isn't a good thing IMO. My wife sometimes gets irritated with him when he's in this 'zone'. Sometimes she's like me with it. Which is I smile and keep re-directing him and picking up things he got into... literally following his 'path of destruction'... laughing inside at his antics and the look in his eyes. He's having such a good time! He lopes around, head and tail up high... you can feel the thrill he's feeling. I love my boy. His puppy hood will soon be over. Right now, I'm enjoying how full of life he is. I enjoy watching his eyes shine, and the wheels turning in his mind. When I think he's had enough of being a trouble making turkey and he's settled into a toy or antler I remember that time with them is so short.... I wish he could live so much longer. It makes the 'rules' seem so much less important at this moment. So I let him have his little 'spurts', and I'm thankful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default My crack puppy, LOL!

You aren't wrong, every moment with them is something never to be forgotten.
My girl has gone through a highly destructive, I'm gonna chew anything my mouth fits on stage. Then she went through I'm going to bark at ants and all sorts of other insignificant creatures, just so I know they are there. Getting lazy when we feed the horses so she jumps on the quad bike.Then to top it all off, fall asleep with a nose in my boots that she stole. They are too precious, in the end their naughty moments are the things that we remember, and their love for us humans is what defines them as mans best friend and the reason we spend all our money and time on them. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Raintheshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Very true! I enjoy watching the different things that he does, and watching him change.

Tonight when I was walking him, I tripped on an uneven part of sidewalk that I couldn't see under the new snow. I went down fast and hard! Grim came right back to me, nuzzling my face and ear and licking my face. He looked concerned. I told him I was "OK", but I couldn't get up right away. A few cars went past. He stood over me, scanning all around us. It was dark out, which usually puts him in a state of alertness that daylight doesn't get. He stood over me like that... just watching around us and occasionally nuzzling and licking me until I was able to get up. On the way home, I stumbled again over something sticking up. He ran back to me again, to 'check'. I told him I was "OK" and he went on. I'm glad that no one stopped when I fell. He's normally a friendly guy, but with the look on his face and body posture I don't know how he would have reacted to a stranger approaching me....
Old 02-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

I have a crack puppy too! Dervish, learned a new word today

When Grim gets something he's not supposed to have, does he run just out of reach then stop to look at you out of the corner of his eye? This is so naughty but it cracks me up. How can you get mad when they are so engaging!

Spirit gets away with qute a bit. But I also know one of these years, this will all be behind us and I will be wishing for even one more day of his puppy antics. It's a magical time. No matter how old he gets, I will always remember that naughty glint in his eye.

So happy to hear your stories. You enjoy your Grim, lucky dog
Jo Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Yes! He will grab my slipper or boot or something, pause to look at me (that glint is definitely a 'naughty' look, lol!) and then trot away with it like he was just given the best thing in the world, LOL! He is interacting with me through all this, because I'm only a few feet behind him. With the table, I'm right there (usually looking on the table for something) and he "helps" me look for whatever it is. No, I just can't get after him for it. He knows I know he's doing it... he's not doing it behind my back or anything. He's so funny. To say I love him just doesn't quite cut it...
Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

I love it when my dogs get a wild hair and act all silly Well as long as I don't need them to be serious

Kenai - 10 yr old Samoyed Koda - 8 yr old Samoyed
Max - 4 yr old rescue Persian Nita - 01/26/2012 GSD
gmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.