It's too cold for him! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
jae
Master Member

Default It's too cold for him!

My mother was worried and told me to bring the dog in after he did his business the other day, when it was 32 F. I laughed.

Now it is 4 F, wind chill near -10 F, and he never looked so energetic. Let him out and he gets the zoomies all over the place, stands face first in the wind, still sticks his head out of the car window going over 40 MPH! I am willing to bet that if he said something, it would be along the lines of "don't care that your toes and fingers are numb, just throw the ball again!"

I can't remember the last time I was so active in this kind of weather. Ah, the perks of owning a dog.
jae is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I love this cold weather, though it does tax me a bit while training. Lisl and I walk everywhere though and still play outside as well as inside.

I love winter a whole lot more than I do summer. I dress for winter so that I really can't tell it's that cold outside. I think that is what the big turn-off is for most people and wintertime; they don't dress for the weather.

They might be wearing a windbreaker or a hoodie and be complaining about the cold. Well no fooling, it's winter time, put on a coat and stop complaining about it.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if it's winter, chances are pretty good it's going to be cold outside if you live north of the Arizona-Georgia line.

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

The colder it gets the more my dogs want to go out! Especially my newfie mix. He loves to lie in the snow and just hang out. Both the newfie and gsd will go in the river too, especially the newfie. He's had frozen drool! Winter does not matter to my 2.
katdog5911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default It's too cold for him!

Haha I feel the same way. I am outside almost every day with Berlin, even if it is -4 degrees. (Last night with the windchill it was -25! ) Berlin gets the zoomies too. I think he likes the cold more than anything!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

My pup seems to love the cold and snow, but this morning and another really cold morning she was limping in the snow!

Please tell me I don't need to get my big barky GSD booties. LOL
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.