The Road Rage, Car Accident, Police Dog, Raw Feeding story - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Road Rage, Car Accident, Police Dog, Raw Feeding story

So, I went up north of Milwaukee today to pick up some raw food for the dogs. Since I don't really like to drive alone and DH couldn't come, I brought Mauser.

The food is frozen in open boxes. I line the boxes up on the trailer, strapped them down and headed home. I'm getting on the freeway when suddenly a car zips in front of me, starts honking and the man is yelling and waving his arms at me. At first I thought something came loose on the trailer. Quick check in my rearview shows everything is ok. I decide to ignore the guy. He is riding my tail. I change lanes - he changes lanes.

Ok, fine. Someone is having a bad day - I'll just get off the freeway and let him have the road if he wants. I take the exit and suddenly he cuts off 2 cars to swerve in behind me.

Now I'm getting nervous. I decide to find the nearest business so I can run in and call for help if this guy turns out to be a nutcase. Driving, driving - FINALLY find a gas station.

I pull in, he pulls in and blocks me in. Now I'm starting to get scared. I put Mauser on leash so I can open the door and let him out if need be (not like he'd really do anything but hey - a visual deterrent is good, too), pick up my phone to call the cops and see the guy coming towards my car.

I notice he's on the phone and I hear him say " .. I'm not sure, Officer. She has parked and I think she's getting out of the car now."

Officer?? I roll down my window a smidgen and say "What's going on?"

He says "Did you know you hit my car with your trailer?!"

Oh. My. GOD!!!

So I jump out and explain to him that I did NOT realize I had hit him and that I thought he was a crazed, road-raging stalker!!

He kinda looked stunned for a second and I said all I saw was him waving his arms and yelling and following me. He said he could see where I would get that idea.

So the cops show up. They ask what's up and I tell them about the road-raging stalker impression and the other driver tells that about the hit and run.

The cops laugh about my stalker mistake and start to take down all the info. That's when they look at the trailer and see the boxes.

I did mention that the stuff was in boxes with no tops, right?

So now I'm explaining to the cops about a raw diet. They start talking to me about their police dog that died last year from bloat and that's when Mauser sticks his head out the window. They wanted to say hi and see him so I bring him out.

The driver of the other car starts asking about dogs. He promised his wife they would get a dog if the found out she was pregnant with a third boy (she wanted a girl). So now he needs to find her a dog.

So the story ends with myself and the other driver shaking hands and going our way. The damage was very minimal and he was more upset about the 'run' part of the hit than the actual hit.

And he is going to call me if they decide they want a GSD so I can give them some good breeder names.
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Wow, crazy, and I know what was in your containers....that was probably as puzzling to them as everything else!
My raw girl has lost an empty container on the highway(but she picks up at 5:30am so not much traffic. Found it on her way back through.

Mauser's presence was probably a good thing, in more ways than one! Glad nobody was hurt in your comedy of errors!!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

Well that ended much better than I thought it would...Thank goodness.
ksotto333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

What a great story. Glad everything turned out ok. This could have turned into a very bad situation. Nice to know that everyone listened and calmed down. Hope he calls you about a dog.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

sooo crazy! LOL

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.