German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   "Wolves driving us crazy" (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/203586-wolves-driving-us-crazy.html)

TrinaAnn 01-15-2013 12:49 AM

"Wolves driving us crazy"

We have tons of wildlife in our backyard, and for the most part Meagan (My Daughter's spelling) does really well with the coyotes, deer, and other small creatures. She will chase a snowshoe hare all over the yard, but wont bother the wild barn cats. Happy days, but this last week, they came into the area.

Wolves are in the area, and they are driving all the dogs and us owners crazy. I know they will move out soon, but the howling causes Meagan to go into a howling fit, and it's mostly late at night.

I just wanted to vent, since there is nothing I can do. Coyote howls and yips never bothered Meagan, but the wolf howl must awaken some long ago urge to howl to the moon. LOL

So please pray for this sleep deprive GSD owner.

Though I did put up my game trail camera in the back woods, so hopefully I can get a glimpse of those sleep deprive-rs.

KZoppa 01-15-2013 01:06 AM

my dogs dont care about coyote sounds but play some wolves howling and they start "singing". I'd love hearing wolves at night but thats me.

Mooch 01-15-2013 04:53 AM

I can see how it'd be annoying every night but I'd love to hear that :)

Sunflowers 01-15-2013 06:06 AM

I sure would like a video of that.

mosul210 01-15-2013 02:55 PM

Don't mean to downplay your lack of sleep for I am sure that does not feel well but to hear wild wolves howling sounds amazing.

My female is not a big howler, but my boy will howl in response to most things - sirens, wild hogs, coyotes, boredom, excitement, etc.. You can definitely distinct his howls from the other canines. I will also try to get a video for those interested.

GsdLoverr729 01-15-2013 02:58 PM

I want a video! I love Romeo, and Juliet. Wolves beingmy totem/ spirit animal, i love them more than anything. I'm jealous you get to listen to them!

wolfy dog 01-15-2013 03:13 PM

We love our neighborhood coyotes. I love waking up up when they sing, yap or howl, enjoy it for a few minutes and realize they are still there, then go back to sleep. If they move on I miss their nightly songs.
I don't think I would ever be annoyed by wolf songs. To me it is the purest wild song you can imagine.
But I realize that may be different if you have a ranch where they prey on your livestock.

Carriesue 01-15-2013 03:16 PM

Sorry OT!

Ooh I have something for you guys like to hear wolves!

If you have iTunes, go into the search feature and type 'naturespace', go to the bundle three album(unfortunately you have to buy the whole album but all their stuff is amazing anyways).

That album has a track on it called 'the wolves', 23 minutes of beautiful sounding wolfies with campfire noises. They also have an iPhone/iPad app with it too... They are professional sound engineers who record nature, their stuff sounds incredible! I have everything they've ever made, lol.

KZoppa 01-15-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carriesue (Post 2744666)
Sorry OT!

Ooh I have something for you guys like to hear wolves!

If you have iTunes, go into the search feature and type 'naturespace', go to the bundle three album(unfortunately you have to buy the whole album but all their stuff is amazing anyways).

That album has a track on it called 'the wolves', 23 minutes of beautiful sounding wolfies with campfire noises. They also have an iPhone/iPad app with it too... They are professional sound engineers who record nature, their stuff sounds incredible! I have everything they've ever made, lol.

I used to have NatureScapes CD of the wolves. LOVED it. I've loved wolves since I was a little kid. Its a dream of mine to have some property and be able to rescue some wolves in need of a safe haven in the future.

I can understand how wolves howling every night would bother some though.

llombardo 01-15-2013 11:33 PM

All I get to hear is owls..I wanna hear a wolf howling:)