Some people make me so mad - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
You guys need to start having a sense of humor about these people. Next time, bare your teeth and growl at her. If you can manage to get just a little spit on your lip while you do it, I bet she never comes near you again.
Brilliant! I'll order some stuff online so if comes up to be again, I'll just stare at her and start foaming at the mouth. Maybe she'll leave me alone then, ha!

@GsdLoverr729 - I can't agree with you more! Last winter something like that happened that endangered the whole dog park.

Here, the best off leash dog park is located behind hospital and has a lake that the trail circle around that has a field here and there. It's wonderful, and naturally brings a wide variety of things and wildlife to it (I live in Alaska, this is normal to see lots of wild life within the city). Moose often frequent the area, too, but most of them are used to the dogs and have a very high patience as long as the dogs leave them alone or have a good call back before they get too close.

Theres a stretch of trail that is pretty narrow compared to the rest of it, but you can see this stretch of trail from the other side of the lake through the trees. I happen to look over to see a moose, ears back, hair raised, charging out of the brush with a calf hiding behind it. The culprit? A small minpin that is running in circles around it, yipping, trying to bite its ankles, and generally not being awesome to this very large, very mad moose.

The owner of the dog is schreeking at the dog to get it away from the moose, but the dog doesn't listen, just keeps going, and ends up endangering the whole park. If theres a pissed off 1000 pound animal in the bushes with a baby, I don't want to walk by it.

I just don't understand why small dog owners don't think they have to be as responsible for their dogs as large dog owners. Granted, we're not all perfect, but a dog is a choice. A choice you make to be watchful and responsible for whatever breed you get. *sigh*

Sorry, I'm a little long winded

Shelby, GSD. RIP 1996-2010
Alsatian_MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You don't need to foam at the mouth...Just yell out "Did you take my medicine? I can't find my medicine! Did you see that elephant?!" And growl some more.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Irritable hag.

But I would be interested in knowing the types of questions she was asking before she got crazy, and what exactly she said when she did get crazy so we can pick her apart properly.
While I can't remember all the questions because the louder she yelled the faster my blood started boiling, I'll try to recollect some.

Well, first, she verified it was a German Shepherd. Asked if he was friendly, to which I replied "as long as nothing happens to me" because of the neighborhood I live in. Not the friendliest or most trustworthy folk.
The next was how much he weighed, I responded 85 pounds.
Then the question that started it was, "Why isn't he in a muzzle?"
I told her I believe he needed one because he had no previous occurances of being aggressive. That's when she said that he was too dangerous and unpredictable without one and I'm risking the entire neighborhoods lives by not being more careful with such a large dog that I am "obviously unable to handle".

And it took off from there, I just kind of stared at her with a head tilt (probably learned from Bear) with a "you've gotta be shi**ing me" look on my face. She only proceeded to get louder and more unreasonable

Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsatian_MaMa View Post
And it took off from there, I just kind of stared at her with a head tilt (probably learned from Bear) with a "you've gotta be shi**ing me" look on my face. She only proceeded to get louder and more unreasonable
I believe all of us GSD owners on the forum do this, after seeing it stated so much
So next time, growl, foam at mouth, yell about medicine, growl more.

As for the minpin/moose situation, that is INSANE! I will say that I have met some good small dog owners. Some of the members here have small dogs who are VERY well-behaved. But working at a veterinary office I dislike them even more now than I already did. x.x
Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

@GSDLoverr729 - You're right, I meant to put something in there about not all small dog owners are bad, some of them are pretty darn good. Others not so much. A few should not stand for the many. My apologies to responsible small dog owners, you are very much appreciated. You need to give lessons to the not-so-great small dog owners!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

don't worry about it. you and your dog did nothing
to warrant a rant from the lady, yes or no. people
have their opinons.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

People can have their opinions, when they keep them to themselves. There is a line crossed when you shout them at someone. For example, let's say you have a child who is overweight. Someone might think that it is unhealthy for the child to be overweight. She may hold the opinion that you should be more proactive in your child's diet. That is her opinion. If she yells at you, telling you that you are going to kill your kid by letting him be so fat, what is the matter with you! That crosses a line.

I am just not sure to what extent we can go when people cross the line. Saying a cutting remark back might make you feel better, but it rarely improves the situation. Physically responding to a verbal attack might get you in deeper than you really want to be. So I kind of like the growling or acting like a nutter that Jax suggested.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

That is true, that's the reason I ended up walking away as opposed to getting into a verbal fist-fight with the lady. Thank you for listening, everyone, it felt good to rant about that!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
You don't need to foam at the mouth...Just yell out "Did you take my medicine? I can't find my medicine! Did you see that elephant?!" And growl some more.
Exactly! Have fun with people like this. If I don't want to be bothered at all I tell them "I don't speak English" in plain English of course.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
x11
Banned

your mistake for wasting as much time as you did in her presence.
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.