Can't Get Near Car - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Can't Get Near Car

A couple in the grocery store left the back of their Jeep up with three large dogs loose inside while they were shopping. When I was checking out a lady who was parked beside the came inside pretty upset because these dogs kept lunging at whoever walked by the car. The owners were called on the loud speaker and instead of just closing the back of the Jeep, they insisted that you could 'just walk by' and nothing happen. I'm not afraid of dogs,but I don't blame this woman for not walking by the dogs ,especially since they weren't just barking.They were snarling and going crazy at everyone. The police did get called by the store manager who made the couple go ahead and leave the store. This whole thing could have been prevented if the dog owners' were a little more considerate. They didn't think it was a big deal because 'the dogs knew not to get out of the car,and were just protecting it'.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

My dogs will protect their car, but you would never know they were in it until you tried to get in it.

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Phinneas - Min Pin 2/4/08
Milla - Orithia Z Diehlomov 2/10/12

Kya - GSD 7/15/00-11/3/13
TJ - GSD 2/27/99-8/7/11
TimberGSD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I agree, You can't expect people to not be afraid of 3 large dogs barking and lunging. I had an experience not too long ago, we were parked in a parking lot to go into a restaurant and I noticed before I got out that there were dogs in the car next to us.

As soon as I got out of the car the dogs started going berserk. The windows were rolled down a good deal and as soon as I excited one of the dogs lunged and grabbed a piece of my hair. I was able to get a hold of my hair before the dog pulled me in but it kind of freaked me out for a minute. I wasn't all that close to the car and have never approached a car with a dog inside of it, especially one that was barking.

I was in disbelief that anyone would have the windows rolled down that far if you know your dog is going to be protective of the car. I wish I would have spoken to the owners, I would have given them a piece of my mind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.