Really frustrating situation.. sick dog. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Really frustrating situation.. sick dog.

I was riding along - nothing better to do- with someone while they went to a clients' house. I stayed in the truck parked by the back yard while he went to the front of the house to talk to said client.

I noticed an unaltered male Cane Corso in the yard. He was nearly furless and his eyes were totally covered by pus/gunk and he couldn't see worth a crap, when I called to him he whipped his head all around, even though I was right there.

He looked right on the verge of being too thin, like you could vaguely see hips with no muscle mass and certainly no fat. Like an ill dog. And he seems pretty darn young, judging by his movement.

It was also pretty cold, under 40F. He was shivering so hard his drool strings were trembling. I was there for about 20 minutes and the owner came out the back and switched dogs out, that sick one nearly took the door down to get inside - I was cold in my heavy winter jacket, the wind was still chilling - and a another mastiff, a female, came out. Fat, and full coat.

Person I rode with would not let me get the house number and for the life of me I can't remember the street name. I've been on google maps for over an hour looking at the houses, but I think it's pretty outdated.

This could very well be a guy who's rescued this poor dog.. But I doubt it. Or he might have the gunk wiped off of his eyes so he could see at least and not let him sit on the porch shivering like a popsicle for nearly a half hour, and the guy might know what kind of dog it is - apparently my ride asked what the dogs were and the guy responded "Man, I don't know. They're dogs"
Maybe he's a breeder, that would explain why he doesn't care of the condition his stud is in, he's not trying to sell him.

I just can't get this poor fellow out of my head. I just want to talk to the owner and get the story. I would offer to buy the dog if he really doesn't care, I just can't find the darn house!

The dog had reddish fur, everything else is skin.

Sparkles, Lilith, Eve, Candy, Dahlia, Juno, Tonks.

Jaeger, Ben, Goose, Dirk, LingLing, Bentley, Elliot, Batman.
APBTLove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Poor baby, that is so sad. Maybe he or she is being medicated for not having no fur, and the eye problem and was only left outside for so long because whoever you rode there with was in his or her house.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I hope that's the case. I went looking and found the house. I'm going to actually meet up with an ACO and show them the pics, at the very least they can make sure he's being treated.
I also contacted the local Molloser breed rescue about him in case it turns into a neglect case and they seize him.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Thank you for caring for this guy and trying to help. It is really odd that the person you went with would be opposed to asking a few questions. Perhaps they could have been easily answered to everyones's satisfaction. I recently adopted a puppy with Demodex. He is getting treatment and I wouldn't mind explaining that to someone. I also used to discuss my old GSD with people. She was 14.5, had DM and looked pretty rough at the end.

I'm glad the dog was allowed back inside. Hopefully, he was cleaned up and medicated. IMO, better to check and know he is getting care, then do nothing and risk that he is suffering.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

He didn't want me asking questions because he was scared he'd lose a few bucks with that client.

I do hope it turns out that he's in a good home, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. This poor boy looked just miserable.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

I would've asked anyway. So sad. Hope he is okay.
Lucky (cat) ~ Beauty (cat) ~ MuMu (cat)
Angelina03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.