Omg - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elite Member

I'm done discussing this. I see it was a mistake to post here. Have a nice Christmas.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshepherds View Post
That's a good start.
There's a lot of information on the forum about training dogs without using physical force or letting your anger get in the way.
If you don't mind my asking, what made you think spanking a dog would work to begin with? Was it something you saw being done by other people?
This post is not rude, this person is genuinely curious.
People have been extremely polite in this thread, all things considered.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

I never said they weren't. Stop shoving words down my mouth. I never said anyone was rude. All i said was I no longer wish to discuss this and goodbye.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post

People have been very nice about the situation. And if you didn't want to talk about it, you probably shouldn't have started the thread.
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Have you consulted with your vet to make sure there's not a physical problem causing her to mess her cage?

How long are you gone when she pees/poops in her cage? If she were mine and I could make shorter trips that's what I would do ... if she goes when you've been gone for 3 hours, go home in 2 hours and let her out. If that's impossible hire someone within the time frame she needs to relieve herself to take her out.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Master Member

That went bad quick... LOL!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitta View Post
I never said they weren't. Stop shoving words down my mouth. I never said anyone was rude. All i said was I no longer wish to discuss this and goodbye.
Nikitta...

Merry Christmas...you are human, we ALL make bad judgement calls in the heat of the moment, whether it be snapping at someone we love or don't even know...it's a stressful time of year, nobody knows what may have happened or is happening in your life that may have triggered a moment of weakness. What is important to note, is that you feel bad, so you are not a bad dog owner - maybe a frustrated one...but you care how she feels and that makes you a loving dog owner...

She may be stressed depending on what is going on with you in your life and this is the result...anxiety.

You'll figure it out
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
it's a stressful time of year
Which would make sense, if it had only just started happening.
However, Nikitta has been advised since she joined that slapping and spanking her dogs was not the way to handle them.

Quote:
I didn't come here for sympathy. I saw what I had done to her and felt horrible. I will do better. It was a huge wakeup call.
And in the end, this is what matters.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Elite Member

Since you are looking ahead to what's best for the dog now, one suggestion:
spend a lot of time over the holidays praising her like she's made you the happiest human on the planet when she pees and poops outside.

One of the most vexing things for me to rehabilitate with a foster is a dog that's been punished for peeing and pooping in the wrong place, as it becomes very hard to teach them to go in the right place if they are fearful of doing business in front of a human. These dogs won't potty on a leash, as they think "potty makes the human scary, so human must not see when I potty." That's sometimes a very hard issue to rehabilitate, once the dog gets that in their head -- so it's worth doing some work now to convince your pup pottying makes you happy.
Magwart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

msvette...Not aware if this as ongoing, I just commented based on she did not imply anyone was being rude.

There is something going on with her personally and if this transferance onto the dogs is the result, then she would need to get to the root cause, her anxiety is causing the dog anxiety, then she needs to get to HER root cause and needs support to get there.

I am NOT condoning hitting, spanking or other...she may be overwhelmed and not have been able to find the patience to take and implement any advice she may have got here...just like dogs, some humans need more help, guidance then others AND they both need a soft touch
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

Last edited by GatorBytes; 12-24-2012 at 12:56 AM.
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.