Oh please dont bite me! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Oh please dont bite me!

Alright... So I went to petco with Kono today to get her some diapers since we ran out. So we were walking down the main aisle to the back and this (I'd say) 16 year old girl comes out of a side aisle with her coffee in her hand and says "Oh please dont bite me!" (And she wasn't saying it to be funny) Now Kono was sniffing the ground with her tail wagging when she said that and I was like "What?! WHY!" She wasnt snarling or growling... I found it rude that someone would say that... I know people are sometimes scared of dogs especially a GSD. But kono was minding her own business plus she's fluffy and in a diaper... She may have moved closer to that aisle but still. I think that people can act scared and walk the other way if they want but dont scream "Oh please dont bite me!" so that everyone in the store thinks theres is a vicious dog walking around...

Has this ever happened to you? And how so?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
-Will Rogers
PuppyKono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 02:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

C'mon - just think of it as funny andyou won't get so upset about it! Could be insulting I realize, but don't forget; many people are scared to death of any big dog and twice as much of a GSD!

Just say to the person something nice, or maybe just say to your dog - "Ok, come over here so you don't scare the nice lady (kid).
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 02:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Or how about "GET EM" -- just kidding , of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 03:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codmaster View Post
C'mon - just think of it as funny andyou won't get so upset about it! Could be insulting I realize, but don't forget; many people are scared to death of any big dog and twice as much of a GSD!

Just say to the person something nice, or maybe just say to your dog - "Ok, come over here so you don't scare the nice lady (kid).
Quote:
Originally Posted by codmaster View Post
Or how about "GET EM" -- just kidding , of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha Yes Im trying to get over it but I mean like I dont go to the zoo and say "AHH GIRAFFE!!" (I hate giraffes dont ask why I just do) You dont go somewhere that you know that something you are afraid of and then not be aware of your surroundings so that you get scared... You get what Im saying. Haha! Get em... Ive said that before in my house and she started to chase me :P haha need to work on that

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
-Will Rogers
PuppyKono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

why is the dog wearing diapers ??????

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

had to go back and make sure I read that right . yes , diapers for a dog , and the dog was wearing diapers in the store, and the cafeine buzzed 16 year old coffee swilling girl didn't say anything about the diapers ...

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

I assume the dog would be in season? it's the only reason I can think of for diapers.

The girl probably didn't mean to be rude at all, people often say silly things if they get a fright or are scared
At least she didn't laugh at your dog for wearing a doggy diaper - THAT would have been much more insulting
Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

that's not funny but i'm lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
I assume the dog would be in season? it's the only reason I can think of for diapers.

The girl probably didn't mean to be rude at all, people often say silly things if they get a fright or are scared

>>>>At least she didn't laugh at your dog for wearing a
doggy diaper -<<<<

would have been much more insulting
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have never owned a female but perhaps she's in heat, thus the need for diapers? Just a guess

I was walking my boy on leash and a mother with her toddler saw us coming and crossed the street...I assumed because of my boy even tho he was walking nicely just looking around. I just kind of laughed inside.

Let the comment roll...
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
DTS
Master Member

One time I walked out my door to take jasmine potty. A couple were walking down the walkway to ther apartment so I gathered up the slack and waited for them to pass. I figured no one would want a GSD they didn't know sniffing them and I thought it was the proper thing to do.
The girl looks at me and tells me I'm scaring her ecause I tightened up on my dog. And she had the most serious, scared face. She then does a big loop to avoid us..
So much for being curitious
DTS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.