Oh please dont bite me! - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
One time I walked out my door to take jasmine potty. A couple were walking down the walkway to ther apartment so I gathered up the slack and waited for them to pass. I figured no one would want a GSD they didn't know sniffing them and I thought it was the proper thing to do.
I do the same thing, even if I'm outside walking down the street. There are people who aren't receptive to dogs, even if they are friendly. You did the right thing. Don't take it so hard. There are a lot of stupid people out there.
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

I've had people refuse to walk past Jerry while we've been out walking, stating that he'd bite their legs off.

I've also had people randomly accuse my ten pound dog of being a biter, so whatever. Some people are just weird about dogs or certain breeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cheyanna

I have been asked if Fiona will bite when out on a walk. I say all dogs bite, but Fiona won't bite you unless you try to hurt me.

Fiona Von Sandstein. Service dog.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

There's always someone afraid of the Big Bad GSD.

Last time at the vet - we'd been asked 3 times if Ziva bites. She's lying on the floor with a sock monkey hanging out of her mouth. Non-menacing. Just a big dog. Some lady came in with a barking slipper - she asked if Ziva would eat her little poof-dog.

I told her, "No, she's already eaten today." The woman took her fru-fru dog & sat on the oppostie end of the waiting room.

20 years working with vets & not once did I ever get bitten by a large dog. It's the small ones that always wanted to crawl up our arms with their teeth. a la Naploean.
Olivers mama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

I always love the LOUD fake whisper to their small dogs, THAT dog will EAT you. I usually fake whisper just as LOUD to Dazzle, they don't know you prefer (insert whatever small breed their dog isn't). If it's a chihuahua I say they don't know you prefer poodles or whatever. Some laugh others just scuttle away. LOL

Cain von Hena-C, VPG A, TT 10/19/2003 - 12/17/2009
Gone but not forgotten.

Dazzle von Linienbach, 02/07/2009
Learning the ropes.
CainGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Elite Member

LMAO at these stories! Nice to hear I'm not alone in the sarcastic come backs. My favourite is just like Oliver's Mama ... nope, she's eaten today, so don't worry.

When Ky was a puppy people were all over her, now, nope ... they just look at her and walk around ... I just roll my eyes and say whatever ... I would get it if my dog wasn't under control ... heck I'll skirt around someone whose dog is taking them for a walk ... but when someone is walking with their dog and it is completely under control? I just sigh and roll my eyes and keep walking!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My girls were classic black and tan, and everyone half a mile away would ooh and ahhh and come running to pet the doggy. And the bitch puppy could either care less that other humans lived in the world, or would prefer that other humans did NOT live in the world. But my boy, Rushie, was a dark blanket back mostly black pup.

Rushie LOVED people of all sizes, shapes, ages, etc. He would literally do anything for pets. And everyone was afraid of him. Maybe his teeth gleamed more against his black muzzle. I don't know. He could play the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood, "my what big ears you have... my what big teeth you have..."

Anyway, one day when the pup was 4 months old, this fellow who was at least two of me -- no small feat, yells from across the parking lot, "Does that dog bite?!?" I yelled back, "He is a puppy!" And he yelled back that I need to keep him over there. For crying out loud, I was pretty ticked and brought my story here and got slapped about. "Maybe he had been bitten." Well, maybe. I have been bitten and I am not a wuss. People these days are looking for any excuse to be whiny or traumatized.

If someone ever yells something like that again, I am going to yell back, "Does he have teeth?!?" or "Only men who ask me questions?"
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Heh! Heh! That will help the GSD rep!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dainerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post

If someone ever yells something like that again, I am going to yell back, "Does he have teeth?!?" or "Only men who ask me questions?"
I sometimes say "only stupid people" which makes me laugh because some people hesitate and others say "oh...." and walk away. The people who apparently know they aren't "stupid" jump right in and pet.
Dainerra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #30 (permalink)

Our dogs always bark at our postman . . .they bark when anyone comes to the door. And whenever I open the door he practically screams "CAREFUL OF THE DOGS!!!!" I've told him that they are perfectly friendly to anyone as long as I am there and tell them the person is okay. It doesn't help. Every time with the "CAREFUL OF THE DOGS!!" I mean, this poor man is really not cut out for a job where he has to go knock on people's doors. The other day he handed me a package and said "Three dogs!!" in a disapproving voice.

I didn't have the heart to tell him there are four of them.
Muneraven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.