Ridiciolous Family. - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR Now my dad is teaching Zack something totally wrong!!!!!!!!!! He's going to mess up all of my training!!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHH WHY DO THEY HAVE TO GET INVOLVED IN EVERYTHING ;(
and if I say something then he will get angry and then I will have to apologize in the end!!! This is pointless!!!!!!!! Zack will turn out to be an idiot because of them ;(
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Member

And now Zack runs away from me because he thinks I'm going to put him in the crate ;( Because they always play with Zack and tell me to do the harsh things like put him in the crate which he doesn't like... I hate my family ;(
Old 12-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Member

They get involved in everything, that's the joy of having parents . My dad doesn't even live with me and still tries to tell me how to do things the proper way, which is commonly his way.

He won't mess Zach up, just stay consistent in what you're doing and he will be fine. My boyfriend pays zero attention to my training and let's Gaia do everything she shouldn't or tells her to sit a million times. It's a work in progress but they'll slowly see the difference between Zach with you and Zach with them and think you're on to something. Enjoy the holidays :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master Member

Thanks for your comments everyone. It makes me feel better This forum is the best!!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

make space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Adam

Zach loves you. Can you put a crate in your room for Zach?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy2662 View Post
I wish I could but there is hardly any space
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master Member

GRRR Just as I was reading your comment doggiedad, I came out after I read it and what do I see? a puddle and a poo. I look around if someone is coming to clean it up or something, but no. I go into the living room and tell them and they're acting as if it's "not a bad thing" because they will clean it up anyway, but I'm trying to explain to them the more the dog doesn't do it in the house, the faster he will learn to go outside but obviously they don't care...
Old 12-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

If they don't care then it's their problem. Keep your relationship with zack separate. You should stop telling them what to do, it pointless because they aren't listening anyways. Do things the way you want to do them when your with zack and he will grow up to see you as the leader. He will treat you with more respect than he will the others. Eventually they will probably get sick of dealing with the pee/poop/biting/jumping etc and will see that he doesn't do those things with you. They'll come around to see you were right all along. A full grown adult dog crapping all over the house and jumping on everyone isn't so cute anymore. Next time they say out him in the crate take him and play a fun game of tug and give him a treat to go in the crate. Make sure you spend more time playing with him and training him then you do putting him in the crate.

Unfortunately I think this is the only way until you are out of their home and can do things your way. For now take it as a learning experience with zack and watch how different he is with you when he is as an adult vs how he acts with them as an adult. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Elite Member

Oh Adam, what a huge pain for you. You know what, just because you're 14 doesn't mean that's why they're not listening to you. I'm in my 40s and my mom still doesn't listen to me about my dog ... so don't think it's your age ... they might not like the fact that YOU know more about dogs than they do!

Keep it up, it's super frustrating I know. But just know you ARE doing the right thing.

Zach will figure it out when he's about 6 or 7 months old what's really going on. Borders are SUPER smart ... so just keep doing what you are doing, and in no time he'll have it all figured out!!

Merry Christmas to you, Adam and Zach and lots of joy in the new year!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master Member

Merry Christmas to everyone and thank you very much for all your support and time taken to answer my questions... I really appreciate them all and it warms my heart up I will spend more time with Zack for sure, and just 5 minutes ago I didn't even touch Zack, I threw a biscuit in the crate and he went in with no problems! But he still runs away from me thinking I'll put him in the crate, but he only runs away in the home, outside he is fine... :P I have some Christmas pictures of Zack coming soon, so make sure you check those out! Oh... and why do people spell his name Zach? It's not that I don't like it, I just find it weird ! Is it like an American way of spelling it?
Old 12-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I can relate to this a lot and I know exactly how you feel. Trying to a train a dog your way when you are a child in the family is next to impossible. You can't train your parents and you can't train your siblings because you have no authority over them, so they just ignore you and do whatever they want. Owning a dog in a situation like that is beyond frustrating, and in my experience it just doesn't get any easier and your dog will probably end up being the product of your family's 'training' unless you spend a lot of time outside of the house with your dog. But at least eventually you'll get to move out then everything will be LOADS easier and everything can be done your way .
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.