Put your money where your mouth is? NOT funny! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Red face Put your money where your mouth is? NOT funny!

My daughter is home for the winter break. The new house is VERY small, so it's been a challenge to keep Grim out of things. Especially when we aren't settled yet! For some reason, my wife put some papers and Christmas cards (containing money!) in a laundry basket on our bedroom floor.

I had put the dogs outside, and was on the phone to argue with the cell phone company about our bill. I couldn't watch Grim and be on the phone....which is why I put the dogs outside. My daughter knew I was on the phone in another room. Anyway, my wife's mutt barks non-stop outside...at nothing. So she let the dogs in and went to watch TV in the living room. I got off the phone, and found Grim in our bedroom with shreds of a Christmas card and envelope. There was a $20 bill on the floor. I looked at the bits left (after taking them from Grim) and it was from my brother. I was frantically looking all over for the rest of the money. It was gone. He sent my wife and me much more than the $20 I found.

I went totally ballistic on my daughter for letting the pup roam free in the house without watching him. I called my wife to tell her what had happened. I was so angry that I didn't say another word to my daughter the rest of the day. My wife looked for the remaining money when she got home from work, but it was nowhere. I said that someone was going to be going through dog poo until the missing cash turned up.

I guess to fully understand my anger, you need more info. We moved for my wife to get a job where the kids and especially I would have health insurance. The move was expensive, and we've been living hand to mouth for a long time. We just had to set up the payment plan for the next semester of my daughter's college. Money wise, we're just in a nightmare of a mess. So every dime we get from family is greatly needed and appreciated. We haven't even done ANY Christmas shopping yet. My MIL loaned us some cash to buy something for the kids. Anyway.....

Last night, my wife asks me if I looked at the envelope to see who it was to. I said no, there were only bits... and it was from my brother and I know how much he sent. Apparently, he also sent each of my kids a card, with $20 in it. It was my son's card that Grim had gotten. So there was NO money in his stomach. What I found was all there was. Our card was still safe! I have to tell you, though, through all of it I was never even sort of angry at Grim. My daughter was, LOL! She told us to get rid of him, he was a pest, etc. I blamed my daughter for letting the pup inside then not watching him. So we went over the rules (AGAIN) for the pup being loose inside. Someone has to be watching him, and the bedroom doors have to be closed tight. The person who lets the dogs inside is the person responsible for watching them.

For anyone who's had a pup ruin things or eat things, I feel for you! We've not had an incident prior to this because he was always watched. When you throw another person into the mix, though, they have to live by the rules! Grim is fast, and can be VERY obnoxious if not watched! Some days I think I'm getting too old for this puppy non-sense, LOL! I can't wait until he's trustworthy! I was very relieved, though, to find that he didn't actually put the money where his mouth is!!
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Whew! I'm glad Grim didn't find the 'good' card!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My golden ate my son's YMCA card. One day my son said he lost it and two days later guess what I found while picking up dog poop. The funniest part was when my son showed the dog the new card...the dog looked like he seen a ghost
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Glad to hear he didn't get the cash! I would have been upset too.
jessac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Do you crate Grim? Crates are great for keeping the dog and your belongings safe. Pups can get in a lot of trouble, even if you just turn your back for a second.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Oh yeah!! Crates are a LIFESAVER!! I'd just let him out of his crate to go outside, though. I don't like him crated all day, especially since he's got to be crated when my parrots are out. Right now, outside is the only place where he can burn off some of his energy. My daughter just hasn't adjusted to the 'routine'. She now is well aware that she cannot let him inside and then go watch TV!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

So glad to hear the $ was found and I don't blame you one bit for being frustrated with your daughter.

starburst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That is why Hans is in his expel if I can't watch him.
I would lose my mind without it.
Thank goodness he didn't eat the cash.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Jag,
I'm glad the cash was safe! I hear ya on the daughter home from winter break thing.
It completely changes the dynamics at home.
Now with my son also at home from break and all four of us at home Bear thinks its all party all the time, lol!
I hope your family adjusts to the new routines,
Happy Holidays!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Ugh, yeah! I'm going to have all three kids home on Friday!! Don't know how we're going to do it space-wise... but we'll manage! We have GOT to get a bigger place!

Yes, I was thrilled that he didn't get the other envelope! Of course.. I'm going to have 2 more kids to 'train' about him in a couple days! I'm having my wife put up all of the paper stuff she's got within Grim reach. Hopefully we'll have no more near misses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.