A New Kind of Love - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default A New Kind of Love

I have a new kind of love for my GSD Masie. I recently came down with what I thought was Strep Throat. I used to get it all the time as a child and just thought I'd tough it out until I got better. However over the next couple of days it got worse than it ever has. I started a new job on Monday and it was horrible. Worst ten hours of my life and I've been to Afghanistan. I would choke on water when I tried to sip it and couldn't eat. That night I woke up several times to Masie whining loudly and licking my face. Apparently my tonsils had swollen so big that they were cutting off my airway and she knew and was trying to wake me up. I didn't put two and two together at that point. Luckily I have a great relationship with my boss because it is an civilian/army job, I have to be in the reserves to have this job, it is my army job, on the civilian side, so I was able to call in sick with no issues. I go to the ER and they tell me that if I would have waited any longer or not have come to the ER at all I would have died. It turns out it wasn't strep it was mono and the older you when you get it the worse it usually is.

I woke up several times that night and I may not have if it wasn't for her.
Magua Savage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Good girl! I'm glad you're okay.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you! She's getting a new toy once I get the strength to get out and drive, for sure!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I had infectious mono (as opposed to the sleeping sickness mono) when I was 16yrs. - doc treated as strep throat - ended up in hospital for a week, had an IV drip and demerol injections for the pain...my throat was so closed up that liquid tylonal (syrup) clogged my throat - thats when they went to injections (Good times, lol ).

Weakens the spleen so no contact sports for like 6 mnths I believe (eat mango, spleen support)

Good doggie
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
I had infectious mono (as opposed to the sleeping sickness mono) when I was 16yrs. - doc treated as strep throat - ended up in hospital for a week, had an IV drip and demerol injections for the pain...my throat was so closed up that liquid tylonal (syrup) clogged my throat - thats when they went to injections (Good times, lol ).

Weakens the spleen so no contact sports for like 6 mnths I believe (eat mango, spleen support)

Good doggie
Mango huh? No one has mentioned that, I love mango. I only got two weeks of light-duty, but flying here in the states isn't really too strenuous so we'll see how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.