German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Tree lighting ceremony, yep, Tazors going :) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/195752-tree-lighting-ceremony-yep-tazors-going.html)

TaZoR 12-05-2012 02:43 PM

Tree lighting ceremony, yep, Tazors going :)

Wish me luck! Bringing Tazor to his first big crowd experience. Figure I'll hang towards the back..and hope he behaves. The tree lighting ceremony is a big test ( hopefully I pass).. in getting him to sit calmly and watch his sister, my daughter, who's in the choir. This oughta be fun :/

Gharrissc 12-05-2012 02:47 PM

He may surprise and behave perfectly.

Bear GSD 12-05-2012 02:49 PM

Crossing my fingers for you and Tazor. I'm sure he'll be on his best behaviour, hopefully he won't decide to join in the choir :D

Daisy&Lucky's Mom 12-05-2012 02:49 PM

Good Luck ,Im sure Tazor wiil do fine. Lucky's first big public event was a soccer game. He acted wonderfully except when he tried to get the ball when it got kicked past him out of bounds. Love to see pics .Have fun

TaZoR 12-05-2012 04:08 PM

Im just worried he will be too excited and pull. He is overly friendly, which I am glad about, better than nasty. I just have to make sure he doesnt jump on anyone. His thing is..he gives them his paw ..whether they want it or not..and so not to jump he gives them his other paw..so they hold both paws, but hes sitting..its annoying. I just really dont want him to pull tho. I will be ecstatic if he walks nice

Maggies Dad 12-06-2012 08:08 AM

Lord good luck!
I'd love to take Maggie to things like this but she just becomes a blooming idiot when it comes to potential New Friends for her??

TaZoR 12-06-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggies Dad (Post 2648476)
Lord good luck!
I'd love to take Maggie to things like this but she just becomes a blooming idiot when it comes to potential New Friends for her??

You're right..he was an idiot!! However, when we got there for some reason my husband took the leash. He never walked him..he's my dog..lol. Anyway, pulled like he was in a dogsled race. My husband kept yanking him back..his hand choking as bad as Tazor. He..being as big an idiot as the dog..turned around and went back to the van. I followed..when we got to the van I took his leash. My husband got in the van all pouty.. wuh..waah....baby! I stated to walk him all around, making him sit, proceeding, using the leash and commands (imagine that) & Tazor started to do very well.

Long story longer, dont let ur spouse touch a dog you've trained. The transformation was like what you see on the dog whisperer. I understood Tazor was on stimulation overload..my husband got mad instead of smart. Lesson learned for me. Tazor got a treat, husband, timeout..lol

Courtney 12-06-2012 09:02 AM

Oh sheesh! lol

Your right, it was sensory overload! There have been plenty of times in public with my boy that the reset button had to be pushed.

Kyleigh 12-06-2012 12:35 PM

LOL ... well, at least it ended well ... for the dog anyway ... how long was hubby in timeout? LMAO!!!