Have you ever been locked out the house - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Have you ever been locked out the house

Noah locked me out of the house!!! I was cleaning the back yard when he hit the latch to lock the back door. It's about 40'f out side thank god I had a sweater and my landlord doesn't live far!Have you ever been locked out the house-imageuploadedbypg-free1353660885.612483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
sspellmon15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

HA HA HA ... Yup I have ... My last house had a lock that you turn, and I was in the backyard and Abby wanted out. She jumped on the door to push it open, and ended up locking it.

I had to climb through a basement window to get back in ... I was greeted by her laughing face and wagging tail!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yup Avery locked us out once. Thankfully the garage entry was open and the front door unlocked or we would have been stuck walking through horse poo fields tiger around. We always leave the garage entrance open since then.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

Mamma to Mellie (Black Cat) and Avery (GSD)
jourdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Oh no, that's terrible! Hehe, I have, once. I was at the Veterinary Clinic when my mom and younger brother went out of town to go to his baseball game (some 30 or so miles away from home). When I was done at the clinic, I walked home and searched for the key that was supposed to be in the garage at all times, but it was not there. So there was no key and all doors were locked. I had to get a ladder to climb up onto the roof and get in through my window.

Harley
Black/Tan, neutered male
"American Pet Line"

Varick vom Haus Jeffery
Dark Sable, intact male
DDR/West German Show Line
HarleyTheGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oh...I had only lived in this house for about a week before I got Midnight. The FIRST night I had him at home I locked us out in the back yard. The door has a bolt but also a handle lock, which I am not used to having and therefore forgot to make sure it was unlocked. It was 4am and I went and knocked on my neighbors door since I had just seen her boyfriend leave. (Of course I didn't have my cell phone on me when I locked us out!) She has a Burmese (?) Mountain Dog and a Shi Tzu. Midnight had only had his first 2 sets of shots so I was holding him, not letting her dogs get close. Called my ex-husband (who had a key to my house) to come let us in.

It actually turned out to be a good thing for my ex, even though he was mad about driving 7 miles to my house at 4am, he's an IT manager for a school and had gotten an email about his server AC going out that he wouldn't have seen for a couple more hours. Me locking myself out saved him server all thousand dollars in over-heated and crashed servers.

However, I don't lock the handle licks anymore...

Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

LOL!

A family friend adopted a Lab cross.

She had a brand new Lexus. On the way home from the shelter, she stopped at her work to show her coworkers. She got out of the car and the puppy jumped up on the door and locked it! It was about 40 deg celcius, thankfully the car was running and the AC was on. Then the puppy started to chew on a pop can and exploded it all inside her car. She has to wait for CAA in the baking sun, while her dog enjoyed a pop and the AC in the car.

PS. That is how she got her name Kali - the Hindu goddess of destruction.
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

All these stories are hilarious ... A lot better than mine I must say the soda pop in the car epic!!!

sspellmon15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

little buggar!!! lexie just locked my son out of the house a couple of weeks ago while i was at work, poor logan had to go to the neighbors
lorihd@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Yes! That happened about a week ago! I had to climb onto the roof and break in through an upstairs window!

Gable: Black and Red GSD: 03/02/2012 -
Suki: Russian Blue: 03/02/2013 -
Anitsisqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

My daughter got locked out of her car by her dog when she was at the gas station and she could'nt really afford a locksmith, my son said it would not hurt to ask the fire department. He was on the way to help but had aways to travel. The fire department said yes because it was cold outside and they could not let her dog freeze lol . They came sireins blasting ang unlocked her car. She was so embaressed she was crying but they saved the day and were very nice about it.
Midnight12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.