German Shepherds Forum banner

Just saved a 4 month male

13K views 96 replies 27 participants last post by  BellaLuna 
#1 ·
I rescued a 4 month old male GSD on Craigslist this morning. The lady couldn't wait to get rid of him and only for 100! Apparently the GSD was her ex's which went to prison. He was chained up all day in an apartment and he stunk like pee! Just picked him up this morning. He has raw skin spots on his neck from the chain choker which went straight to the garbage. He's black and brown and extremely friendly. My kids love him. I noticed his hind legs look weak. The way he ran in my yard once I brought him home looked weird. I assume its from lack of exercise. Well off to the vet early next week to make sure all is well with him. Ill post pics of him later.

#82 ·
My wife kept saying that he looked like he put more weight so I weighed him and he's exactly 50.2lbs in a matter of two weeks. So 8lbs in two weeks? If anything I'm feeding him less. Two cups of dry in the am and 2 cups in the pm. I feed him a very good food Blue. Should I feed him less or is it normal at 6 months to start packing on the pounds?

#83 ·
Jack as of yesterday.

Lol he keeps growing! He's such a great dog and is friendly with everyone. Now when he sees people outside our fence he barks at them continuously till they leave but it's more of a hey come play with me bark. I'd like to think he's happy and is doing well.

No that's not Jacks dish. He was drinking George's water our Maltese mix rescue.

#84 ·
Glad to hear he is doing so well.....Lucky lucky boy that you brought him home!

Lee

#86 ·
he's so handsome and looking great:)

#89 ·
As of today Jack is almost 7-8 months. When we brought him home he was supposedly around 4 or 5 months. He weighs 64.50 lbs of lean muscle. He's 24" to the top of the shoulders. Maybe he's underweight who knows? All I know is that he grew like a monster since Thanksgiving when we got him.

Only picture I have home standing still. Very hard to get him to stand still lol.

We also brought home a 1 year old GSD/Chow mix male named Shep. He's great with people, kids, dogs and cats so had to get him. Did a meet and greet yesterday at the shelter and they instantly became pals. Brought him home today did another greet in neutral territory and Jack again loved him.

Both of them chilling together.

So far Jack is definitely the dominant one of the two. Trainer told me to not let Jack do the poster thing over Shep which he does all the time regardless. Shep is extremely laid back but when outside he actually runs a lot faster then Jack my GSD which surprised me. Both drank out of the same bowl, shared the outside toys and ate dinner fine except Jack trying to finish Sheps food lol. I put a stop to that quickly lol.

In all I think Jack is doing great and I know he loves being with us by all the licking that he gives each one of us in the family.

#90 ·
Jack got HUGE!! :) and he looks wonderful! I love your new one sooooooo cute!!!

Congrats! They look like they will be lifelong buddies:)

#92 ·
Jack got HUGE!! :) and he looks wonderful! I love your new one sooooooo cute!!!

Congrats! They look like they will be lifelong buddies:)
A rescue lady at the shelter was amazed at his size and temperament. Also said Jack looks like hers exactly that's from western German lines. Thanks

He is definitely not underweight. What a lucky dog, to have found you to take him in and give him everything he needs, including a canine friend.
Thanks I thought that wasn't that case.

#95 ·
Jack is 8 months plus and I'm so shocked on how intelligent he is. He's taller and his coat color has changed a bit. I see a lot more white parts of his body. His body is also bulkier. He is very tall as well. His temperament is great except with people knocking at the door, walking by the gate or getting to the close to the car lol. Im just glad that he's growing and doing well. Now if I could only figure out what lines he comes from it would great. Its mostly curiousity to be honest. Especially when people ask me. I just say he's a back yard GSD.

Some recent pics..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.