German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Stories (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/)
-   -   Good thoughts for Puppy's Surgery. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/stories/194747-good-thoughts-puppys-surgery.html)

marshies 11-20-2012 11:03 AM

Good thoughts for Puppy's Surgery.

She's going in for her spay today...I felt terrible as I dropped her off in the morning, and would be devastated if something happened during an ELECTIVE surgery...so please send healing, lucky, good vibes my way!

My thread really isn't contributing much to the forum in terms of content, so I just wanted to shove it in the chat room...hope that's okay.

Bear GSD 11-20-2012 11:06 AM

Sending you healing thoughts and wishes!!! :hug:

Sunflowers 11-20-2012 11:08 AM

179 Attachment(s)
Oh, man.
Sending good outcome and fast healing vibes!

KatsMuse 11-20-2012 11:11 AM

Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way! :)
It's always scary when our dogs have surgery, elective or not.
Keep us posted and think positive!

:hug: Kat

Remo 11-20-2012 11:40 AM

My foster dog, Sammy, who will be two years old in January, got spayed on Thursday. Thursday evening she looked pretty miserable.

By Friday afternoon, our biggest challenge was keeping her from playing with the other dogs and trying to keep her quiet. She rebounded very quickly. I gave her pain pills not because she looked like she was hurting, but in hopes that they would help slow her down a little.

Best of luck with your pup's spay!

Kyleigh 11-20-2012 11:44 AM

Sending positive vibes ... don't worry! When Kyleigh got spayed I got ONE evening of peace and quiet and the next morning she was right back to where she was the day before. Then you're struggling with keeping them calm!

1sttimeforgsd 11-20-2012 11:48 AM

Sending healing thoughts for your girl, your biggest worry will be to try to keep her from busting a stitch. Surgery's are always scary.

reck0n3r 11-20-2012 01:23 PM

Good luck!

Zeeva 11-20-2012 01:27 PM

aw spaying is such a tough process to go through for us. but think about it this way: it is a routine procedure that vets perform often. all should be fine. sending good health vibes to your pup and a speedy recovery indeed.

blackshep 11-20-2012 02:06 PM

Sending good vibes your way! I just had my girl done a few weeks ago, I cried on the way to work after I dropped her off! She'll be ok!

My pup was groggy that afternoon when I picked her up and not quite herself, that's normal. She healed up really quick, so don't worry. Just try to keep her quiet for a couple of weeks!

Oh ETA: be careful how you pick her up in and out of the car. Sounds stupid, but it's worth mentioning. Put your one hand between her front legs on her chest and scoop around under her bum with the other to lift in and out (not under her tummy!). :)