Bad time at Tractor Supply, but not with a dog. - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

wy didn't you ask to speak with a manager?
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

I would speak to the store manager and and maybe ask them if they know what kind of customer equity they would be loosing if you chose to take you business elsewhere.

Work it out beforehand
$200/week = $10400/year
$10400/year for even just 10 years = $104000

And that is only what you spend in that store. It doesn't include the consumers who choose to no longer patronage that store because of the experience you shared.

That kind of number will make a manager sit up and take notice (and maybe kiss a little rear). It would be much cheaper for them to make you a happy customer now than by being such sticklers for policy's sake.
angelas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
I had it typed out and ready to send from the website before I posted this. I did not send it. Frankly, if I had an employee that treated a customer like I was treated, there would be serious repercussions. And I don't want to get her fired. I just don't.
Send the letter, they won't fire her based on your one complaint, they can't. TS has a huge HR dept and rules. If she has a file of complaints and she's hit her limit then they will fire her, but why should you care? If she has enough complaints that yours is the final straw then you are doing them a favor. If it's her first complaint, then she'll get a talking to assuming they even care. In a perfect world, your letter would alert HQ to a serious flaw in their training and customer service.

I'd mention in the letter how much you spend there every month and that you will take your business elsewhere since it's not appreciated there.
Find an independent that will appreciate how much you'd buy and strike a deal. That's what we did, we don't really get a price break on the food, but they deliver to us twice a month which is a big timesaver. (we have 12 dogs, so probably go through a similar amount of food as you do each month.)

www.coppercreekdvg.com- All Breed Schutzhund Club

Home of Umarek von Hugelblick, my good luck charm!
bocron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arycrest View Post
If it were me, I'd write a letter to the corporate headquarters and say pretty much what you said in your message!!!
You'd be wasting a stamp !

IMHO...better to talk to the manager at the right time (when you know he / she won't be busy) and have all your toughts ready in your head.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:31 AM   #15 (permalink)

If you have any difficulty with the manager, consider using yelp.com. It's not just for restaurants. I've used it before for a pet store, and my "review" received a LOT of attention.
4score is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

I think some employees get carried away with the power. I recently rented a van to travel some 3000 miles over a couple week period. I was advised my dog must travel in a crate, which is no problem because she always does. When I brought the van back after I left the employee decided to clean the van with sticky tape since their vacuum cleaner was not working. Note, the van was barely dirty considering how long I had it. Then they tried to charge me $59 extra for cleaning. The woman at the car rental charged after me in the lobby screaming and cussing at me that she would charge me double next time and I advised her I would not be renting any more vehicles from her and I was not paying the extra fee. I told her no way was I paying it, called my credit card company to block the charge and then called corporate head quarters regarding the entire mess. Needless to say the extra charge was reversed, corporate head quarters apologized and I will not be renting from the local Budget rental concession again. If the van had been covered with hair or dirt I would understand but I always leave my vehicles fairly clean. The employee took it on herself to make these extra charges. Shows you that the management is not always to blame.

Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
pyratemom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dainerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the groomer called the manager ahead of time to tell her side of the story after you left.
had this happen to me before. Luckily for me, I wasn't home yet so I turned around and drove back to the store with my very wet and smelly dog. Really wasn't anyway that she could argue with that.
Dainerra is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arycrest View Post
If it were me, I'd write a letter to the corporate headquarters and say pretty much what you said in your message!!!
No kidding! I would do this also. There is no excuse for such bad service these days. And shops wonder why we buy so much from the internet.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have been contacted by a representative and they are working on it.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Call around to some lumberyards and fencing companies-----many will not only sell you just the panels you want----they will also custom make them for you to your specifications. In a lot of cases, they will be the same cost or lower as the prepackaged, annoyance included from the BIG BOX stores.

BTW-----I always like portable kennels. Instead of concrete, put down a thick layer of bark/mulch. It worked well for me. If you have diggers----just lay down a mat of rabbit or hog mesh before you set up the kennel on top of the mat.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.