Can I not have just ONE bath in peace and quiet? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Can I not have just ONE bath in peace and quiet?

Last night I was out with Kyleigh for over 4 hours. I don't know about her, but I was cold and tired, and just wanted a nice long hot bath.

Kyleigh's really good about not bugging me in the tub (anymore), so I filled my soaker tub with water, bubbles and lavender oil, got a great book and got ready to just relax.

Two minutes later my phone rings. I ignore it. It stops. Starts ringing again. I ignore it. It stops. Starts ringing again. Sheesh. I get up, walk ALL the way to the other side of the house and get my phone.

It's my mom. I call her back. Emergency? Nope ... just wanted to say hi, knew I was home, but couldn't understand why I wasn't answering. (I live with my dad, he's home, she KNOWS he's home, she was on the phone with him earlier, so it's like I was lying on the floor with broken bones and unable to get help) SHEESSH

Back in the tub. Echo (my grey) decides to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Cute! I tell her she's hilarious, and go back to my book. She gets louder. I tell her to knock it off (she's supposed to be sleeping by now - it's dark in her room, lights are out!) She laughs and starts singing Bad Boys Bad Boys, Whatcha gonna do?

Kyleigh gets excited because Echo's singing and she needs to participate in the action. She runs over to her toy box and comes back with her one of her stuffies. (Which doesn't have much stuffing left). She's shaking it, growling at it, having fun, and then she flings it ... into the tub. GROSS!!!!

I fish it out and toss it on the side of the tub. She grabs it and starts playing with it. Water is going everywhere from this stuffie. I tell her to drop it, she does, and leaves the bathroom. Comes back with a different toy ... I tell her to drop it ... she does, in the toilet. I leave it there.

Told her to lie down, get up, close the door, put on my soft music, (shut the lid to the toilet - I'll deal with that later) I love my grey, but seriously? All I want is half an hour of peace and quiet!

About 10 minutes later the water is getting cold. I give up on staying in the tub (I can still hear Echo louder than ever through the closed door and over my music - she's moved on to Jungle Bells at this point).

I duck my head under water to rinse off and as I come up Kyleigh's front paws are on the side of the tub and her face is hovering over me ... with a marrow bone in her mouth that she promptly drops on my face.

I yelp in surprise (and a bit of pain), and slide back under water. As I come back up, trying not to choke on my laughter and the complete and total absurdity of the last half hour, I see Ky's back paws on the side of the tub and the next thing I know she's IN THE TUB looking for her bone.

ALERT ALERT ALERT ... LC GSD in the tub at 9:30 at night ... what gives?

I pull the plug on the drain and reach up to grab my towel. A spider falls out of the towel lands on me, I flip out and fling it, it lands in the water, Kyleigh sees it, and without me giving me command to eat it (which she does know), starts chasing this freaking spider around the tub. I'm standing on the side of the tub, she's flipping around through bubbles trying to catch this dang spider and then I hear a knock on my bathroom door.

"WHAT?" I holler out, totally exasperated.

"Um," (it's my dad) "Are you ok in there?"

"Yes and no. I'll be up in a bit"

Kyleigh eventually caught the spider, and ate it. I went through five huge bath towels to get her as dry as possible, and then my poor dad and I were up til 11:30 drying her with the hair dryer.

Next time I want a relaxing bath, I'm going to rent a hotel room.
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Ohhhh my. I'm sorry, but I'm laughing so much at this right now.

While it may not sound relaxing, I hope it gives you something to laugh at later!

Baxter - aka "Basher" GSD 9/27/10
Boomer & Star - Kittens of Doom
evybear15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

OH you can laugh all you want ... I was cracking up and shaking my head as I was typing it!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Love this story! Thanks for sharing it. Must admit, I chuckled too. I could see it all unfold as I read it. I don't envy the LC in the bubbles at 9:30 at night!

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
Zisso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

LOL

A real life Gong Show!
blackshep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Teehee...What a joker that one. And Ky is one too
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Just wait until you ads kids to the mix. I gave up on relaxing baths and eating meals while they were still warm 2.5 years ago.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hilarious! It was the spider bit that really got to me!

Quinn, Mar. 8/2007
Shadow, 1995-2007, always in my heart
Quinnsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

OMG, hilarious! Everytime I thought, "That must be the end. What else could possibly happen" something else did, lol. Some days I feel like that too though.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

OMG that was so funny...see...you don't need a groomer...she'll bathe herself with the right conditions
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.