Won't Take No For An Answer - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Won't Take No For An Answer

One of our dogs ,Baron was supposed to go to this new home today but I called it off because he hasn't been acting like himself.He is normally very calm and a go with the flow dog,but I noticed that he was been withdrawn and even growled at a kid who was riding by on his bike. I will be taking him in to the vet in the morning,but the issue is that the family who was going to adopt him HASN'T STOPPED CALLING since this morning.

It's mainly the wife,but the husband has called a few times. She keeps saying that her son is very disappointed and that they can work out any issues Baron has. I explained the situation and told her that I will be having him vet checked and that we may have to test him further with kids because of his discomfort with the one on bike. I did offer her one of our other dogs that she showed interest in,but she wasn't hearing it.

She even went as far as putting him on the phone to talk to me. I've had excited families before,but this is the first time I had someone who wouldn't take no for answer.So far I've gotten 52 calls and 18 emails from her.

Instead of her understanding that I am doing what's best for everyone (especially since he growled at a child today),she keeps telling me that I have broken her kids' hearts because they have been looking for a dog for months.

I don't usually just not answer the phone,but I have tried all I know how to get her to understand where I am coming from.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Maybe Baron growling was a sign....this isn't meant to be? Wonder if she has 'issues' and could maybe use a vet check herself?
What was the time period with that many calls and e-mails?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

wow... 52 calls and 18 emails...I know I shouldn't laugh but that's just a bit neurotic. 1 phone call per 15 minutes and 1.5 emails per hour if this all started at 7am. That is a level of nuts Baron shouldn't have to deal with.

I agree with your plan for Baron.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

The time period was from 11:30 this morning until about 30 minutes ago for the calls. The most recent voicemail from her was that ' Her husband used to raise wolves and can handle growling at the kids,but won't take it well if Baron bites'. Anyway she will get tired of calling eventually. Obviously it wasn't his time to leave.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

So 2 phone calls every 15 minutes and 2 emails per hour.

I think her husband's comment of "won't take it well if Baron bites" is a deal breaker. Maybe that's why Baron has been off. He knew.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
So 2 phone calls every 15 minutes and 2 emails per hour.

I think her husband's comment of "won't take it well if Baron bites" is a deal breaker. Maybe that's why Baron has been off. He knew.
Who would take a dog bite well? I know wouldnt. Just sayin.

I know these people have made themselves look a little nuts, BUT obviously, they had their hearts set on Baron. I know that I would be horribly disappointed myself, if all the sudden the new family member wasnt going to be our new family member anymore, and if I had a child to answer to about it, that would be even harder. I think the fact that they were willing to go through rescue and not jump on the first CL freebie says something about their wanting to do things right for the right dog.

I wouldnt write them off. Try to put yourself in their shoes.

ETA: Not calling you out Jax on that quote.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.

Last edited by PatchonGSD; 11-14-2012 at 07:58 PM.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Excessive phone calls and e-mails would be a deal breaker for me. Clearly the lady is not stable. Would you want to place a GSD that possibly isn't stable either with her?
I sure wouldn't, because then Gharrissc is tied to this person through the poor dog. Not fair to the dog or Gharrissc
Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

okkkkaayyy Patchon...how about you ask for clarification before you jump down my throat next time.

My point was that Baron growled at a child and if the comment is "won't take it well if Baron bites" then Baron is not the right dog for them as he already has a potential strike against him in their minds. Rescuers put their heart and soul into the dogs and don't send them into homes that are set up to fail. I don't need to put myself in their shoes...this isn't just about them...it's about the DOG and finding the right home for him.

And I agree with Jane...the phone calls and emails are way over the top and show no regard for the dog, only concern for themselves that they didn't get what they wanted.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
okkkkaayyy Patchon...you can not jump on me without taking the whole conversation into context. How about you ask for clarification before you jump down my throat next time.

My point was that Baron growled at a child and if the comment is "won't take it well if Baron bites" then Baron is not the right dog for them as he already has a potential strike against him in their minds. Rescuers put their heart and soul into the dogs and don't send them into homes that are set up to fail. I don't need to put myself in their shoes...this isn't just about them...it's about the DOG and finding the right home for him.

And I agree with Jane...the phone calls and emails are way over the top and show no regard for the dog, only concern for themselves that they didn't get what they wanted.
Did you read that last sentence of my post? I dont think I "jumped down your throat." Sorry you felt that way. I was just using your quote to make my point and express my feeling on that statement.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

No. I didn't see it as you added it after I posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.