strange people - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Same kind of adult idiots who like to tease little kids.
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Member

I had all three of my dogs at the fireworks a few summers ago...GSD, Rottie mix, and sheltie. It was just dusk, and all 3 were laying on our blanket under the canopy. 2 "kids" (teenagers) were behind us...the younger one was about 15-16 years old and decided it would be "cool" to bark at the sheltie. He did, and she just stared at him with a questioning look on her face. Unfortunately for the teenagers, they did NOT see the GSD and the Rottie in the dark...until the Rottie exploded from under a lawn chair barking and jumping. The boys screamed like little girls and left the area (quite quickly, as I recall). I don't normally encourage or reward my dogs for that behavior, but in this case? I sure did.
Laughin' Tori Lori, CD, RN, CGC
Marcella's Miss Ruby Dee, RN, CGC, TDI
EchoGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ive never had anyone do that but i did have to laugh when my first german shepherd who was riding shotgun in the front passenger seat, I pulled up into the turn lane. A guy pulled up to the through lane. He looked over and saw Sarron and said," Hi there pup!" He tilted his head at him then he turned to look at me like," Do we know this guy? " LOL I and the guy were both laughing by the time the light changed. LOL
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starburst View Post
Yesterday I booked a few hours off from work and had a few errands to run.
Naturally Lola who is now 3.5 months came with me.
We stopped off at Tim Hortons and after I got a coffee I took her out if the car for a pee break.

Out of nowhere I see this 50ish year old man who is sitting in his car, start barking at Lola..

At first she looked puzzled, then she walked up to the car.....this umm..."fellow" backed and again and this time she barked back and walked away.lol
What kind of idiot does that ????

I really had to hold back not to speak my mind .

Maybe she understood what the guy was saying to him? Heh! Heh!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

What is the problem with someone "barking" at your dog? i thik my dog would find it as funny as i do.
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoGSD View Post
I had all three of my dogs at the fireworks a few summers ago...GSD, Rottie mix, and sheltie. It was just dusk, and all 3 were laying on our blanket under the canopy. 2 "kids" (teenagers) were behind us...the younger one was about 15-16 years old and decided it would be "cool" to bark at the sheltie. He did, and she just stared at him with a questioning look on her face. Unfortunately for the teenagers, they did NOT see the GSD and the Rottie in the dark...until the Rottie exploded from under a lawn chair barking and jumping. The boys screamed like little girls and left the area (quite quickly, as I recall). I don't normally encourage or reward my dogs for that behavior, but in this case? I sure did.
OMG ... that's hilarious ... reminds me of this parrot joke:

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables.

Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard, "Jesus is watching you."

Freaked out, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

"Did you say that?" He hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a bird Moses."

"The kind of people that would name a GSD Jesus." he replied.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables.

Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard, "Jesus is watching you."

Freaked out, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

LOL.... I loved it, thanks for sharing !
Old 11-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

I've heard that one before, LOL! Must be a parrot person joke!

On topic... I'd have been worried at someone doing that. You can bet when you have an adult it won't happen as often, LOL!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post

True story?
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

You can also give her treats in situations like that so the dogs learn that the idiots are good for something.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.