What are you thinking!!!!! - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm irritated at this point, Zoeys freaking out
This isn't a good sign, it sounds like you have a lot of work to do with this dog, and should concentrate on training this one before you add another.

Our 14mo. GSD loves kids, and if they get to be too rowdy/close he chooses to ignore them and doesn't "freak out" over them at all.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratm_93 View Post
BY "put the child to the ground" i simply ment shook her off. my dog wasnt on top of the child in any way shape or form.

as for both of us having things to work on i completely disagree NO child should ever go up to a dog the way that little girl did. MY dog has been through more training including behavior, bite work, and the canine good citizen award along with a few other thing. "

to make things worse this morning i found out the little girls dad is a K-9 cop that actually trained my dog i was talking to him and the women comes out of there house like a freaking bat out of **** and goes ballistic say she gonna have my dog put down the dad then stepped in on my behalf and told his wife to shut up and told her that he personally trained my dog and she wouldn't touch her. it just flipping amazed me that as a family with a "powerful" dog wouldnt teach there kid not to run up to random dogs on the street.
Sounds like a divorce waiting to happen, uncontrollable kid and wife. This is shocking, my husband knows a family who's dad is a police officer with a K9. I met the family a couple weeks ago, the children we so polite and so respectful and asked before approaching my Molly if they could pet her. Hope you can avoid this crazy family.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If some kid did that to Jax with her 12 wk post op from ACL and hip dysplasia...I would have put the kid on the ground.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
If some kid did that to Jax with her 12 wk post op from ACL and hip dysplasia...I would have put the kid on the ground.
A woman after my own heart!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Sounds like a divorce waiting to happen, uncontrollable kid and wife.
My husband ever told me to shut up in front of anyone, he'd be on the ground.

Sounds like all the lights are on, but nobody is home with the family.
ozzymama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #36 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzymama View Post
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #37 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzymama View Post

Sounds like all the lights are on, but nobody is home with the family.
👍

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via MSN to GSDolch

Quote:
BY "put the child to the ground" i simply ment shook her off. my dog wasnt on top of the child in any way shape or form.

as for both of us having things to work on i completely disagree NO child should ever go up to a dog the way that little girl did. MY dog has been through more training including behavior, bite work, and the canine good citizen award along with a few other thing. "

to make things worse this morning i found out the little girls dad is a K-9 cop that actually trained my dog i was talking to him and the women comes out of there house like a freaking bat out of **** and goes ballistic say she gonna have my dog put down the dad then stepped in on my behalf and told his wife to shut up and told her that he personally trained my dog and she wouldn't touch her. it just flipping amazed me that as a family with a "powerful" dog wouldnt teach there kid not to run up to random dogs on the street.
Thank you for clearing up what you meant by "put on the ground". That is a term that implies that your dog handled things on its own and, well, put the child to the ground. Shaking off or moving and putting to the ground bring up to totally different pictures.

I disagree with your thinking that you don't need to do anything. I am not defending what the mother did, but you yourself can learn something from this, one, to be more proactive and learn to stop a child from getting to your dog in the first place, and not just standing there waiting for something to happen.

People who make excuses for their dogs annoy me just as equally as parents who make excuses for their kids.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #39 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via MSN to GSDolch

Quote:
now my dog has been around kids since ive had her but i was just astonished that this mother let her get to me. i was stopped and they might have been 3-4 steps ahead of me, now i do understand you moms/dads who have bolters that you disagree but are you really saying that this was MOSTLY my fault. anyways it happened so fast that by the time i went to grab the little girl she was on the ground im talking about 3-8 seconds maybe. as for those of you talking about Public situations. my pups been everywhere from preschools to elderly homes not once has she or my self had to deal with this much stupidity at least in that amount of time. now were still doing some of the more intense training but even after this id still take my dog to any public event i felt the desire to

Nope, not saying its mostly your fault. IMO you are just as equally at fault. I understand that it happened fast, and well, things happen, sometimes we have no control over it. That doesn't mean we are excluded from any fault though. Use it as a learning experience to be on your guard next time and except it to happen.

The mother isn't here for any of us to tell what she did is wrong to, so other than expressing my disagreement with her in what she did, not really much more I can say about it.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

I disagree. I don't think the dog or owner are at fault in any way. The dog's space was invaded, the dog was physically assaulted in a way by this out of control child under no control by a parent that was present. If you intervene and touch someone else's child, then they can call the police. Yet someone can come up and violate your dog and that's OK? Bull. That kid is going to end up eaten one of these days, and it will be 100% the parents' fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.