Does your dog trust you? REALLY trust you? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Great stories everyone! Thanks for sharing!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

Those are great stories, i love seeing pictures of these dogs! Sage is only 15 weeks. So we are still trying to figure out the whole trust thing. But hopefully it will come eventually!
coulter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiM View Post
Great pics Cassidy's Mom! Havoc is like that too, uber confident will generally try anything and can leap and balance on stuff that you wouldn't think he is physically capable of.
Thanks! Forgot a couple more I had, here's Halo draped across a tree branch - you can't tell from the angle, but she was slightly above eye level when I was next to the tree (I'm 5 ft 5" and I had to step back and up a slight slope to get the shot), so pretty high off the ground:

Someone took this picture of me luring her up a tree branch - again, you can see how high up she is, she's over my head!

She was only 6 months old in that second pic.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
Thanks! Forgot a couple more I had, here's Halo draped across a tree branch - you can't tell from the angle, but she was slightly above eye level when I was next to the tree (I'm 5 ft 5" and I had to step back and up a slight slope to get the shot), so pretty high off the ground:
Similar picture of Smokey on a tree branch

Guess we got ourselves some cat-like dogs
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Today, at the park, Frag let me take him down two slides for the first time ever. One short, straight, and open. The other long, closed, and spiral, in the dark. He did awesome and I was honestly surprised he did it (even though there was a screaming fuss) when I asked. I knew he wanted to, he just didn't understand the concept, but he did both for/with me and I loved him for it. I'm sure other people in the park thought I was murdering him up there! :P
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I think it's a mixture of both.

Duke trusts me with his life. He shows this often. He goes where I bring him and is okay with the situations I put him in... as long as I am okay, he's fine. He watches me, and feeds off my energy. At training, if I send him for a bite... he trusts that I'll be there to "back him up". He will do anything I tell him to.... even if it will get him hurt, or take his life. He's also a fearless, ferocious protector.... I do believe he'd give his life for me.

However, with that... the breed is also designed to bond closely with it's owner. They are loyal and trusting by the nature of their standard. The level of the bond just concretes this fact.
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Elite Member

Great stories. Benny I think trusts me to a good degree , but there are certain things he will not do. He loves to go down the slides at the playground but will not go down the twisty one where he can't see the bottom.

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1007494

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/610245.html
Debbieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't personally think that the level of trust is what allows the dog to do the "scary" things (like going down slides and stuff). However, I accept that each person certainly has a different opinion about what defines trust in their own dog. For me, it's not about what Pimg will or will not do when I ask her. More so, it's about the bond. It's about the spirit of cooperation and comfort with each other. It's a lot harder to measure, in my opinion, than just how much the dog will do for you when asked. These stories have all been fun to read!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.