German Shepherds Forum banner

Learning about GSD Conformation

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Andaka 
#1 ·
I would LOVE to learn more about the GSD's conformation/structure/breed standard. How can I gain first hand experience? I'm not interested in showing my dogs, I just want to learn about critiquing a GSD. I would love to learn from a mentor who would be willing to teach me. Where would I go to find something like this? I'm in Warrenton, Missouri. I wouldn't be able to drive too far. Any suggestions? Tips?

#2 ·
The GSDC of St. Louis would probably be your best bet. Not sure how far it is from you, but many times you'll have to travel quite a distance to get the information you need. If you're looking for a mentor, it's likely you'll be able to meet people at the club that are near you. I know our club draws from all over Wisconsin and people travel more than an hour to get to the club for training.

#8 ·
Are you planning to come to the National this year? It is being held at Purina Farms Oct. 3-11.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.